Saturday, April 12, 2008

More Treasures from the Heart

After my early post, I decided to lay down for a little while. I fell back asleep and slept until 10:30. How restful it was, I'm not sure, as I experienced one weird dream after another. I woke up with a bit of a headache, probably because I hadn't had any coffee. As much as I love the stuff, I sure don't like how I feel if I don't have it.

Here is a couple more cards made with the same stamped cardstock I used in my earlier post. The first is that favorite color combination again, and as for the green card, I wasn't so crazy about it before running the background piece through the Cuttlebug. While I can go for days without using that think, I honestly don't know what I would do without it. I like how a couple of turns of a crank can take ordinary to another level. What I ended up doing with these cards was determined by the image placement on the random stamped piece. On the red/blue card, the main images were pretty much on top of each other, which meant I needed to do something to offset them. Thus, the paper flower off to the side. The image placement on the green piece was easier to work with, and I was delighted that the sentiment fit just right.

Materials & Tools (top card): White Daisy, Moonstruck, and Holiday Red cardstock; White Daisy pigment, Holiday Red, and Moonstruck ink pads; Treasures of the Heart and Papertrey Ink Mixed Messages stamp sets; Just Blooms Big Pinks paper flowers; Yellow button of unknown origin; White embroidery floss; Cranberry gingham ribbon; Cuttlebug w/Distressed Stripes embossing folder; Tag punch; Sanding block.

Materials and Tools (bottom card): White Daisy, Topiary, and Sweet Leaf cardstock; Vellum; White pigment, Sweet Leaf, and Topiary ink pads; VersaMark ink pad; Treasures of the Heart and Stay it in Style May SOTM stamp sets; White embossing powder; Acrylic disc from Michael's; Cuttlebug w/Swiss Dots embossing folder.

I kissed a birthday boy again today. Marv is 59. He was 29 when we got married, and at the time, I couldn't have imagined him 30 years later. Except for some grey in his hair and beard, a few pounds, and a wrinkle or two, he hasn't changed much. He's still just a big kid, which was a large part of the initial attraction. He's a wonderful husband, father, and grandfather, and a loyal friend to me and anyone else who has earned his respect. As Mathias would say, "I'm wucky, and I wuv him!" Later . . .

2 comments:

Maricar said...

Love the stamped cardstock.

Happy birthday Marv.

Jeanne said...

They both look great!!! I love the look of the white ink, but not the messy (for me anyway) clean-up!

Happy Birthday to Marv! You gave him a super nice tribute. I think you should have him read what you wrote! :o)