Sunday, April 13, 2008

Quick Card, Quick Thoughts

OK. I've been working. In fact, I was on my hands and knees in my corner picking up scraps for the wastebasket when I came across these scraps. Can you handle just one more?

As I was picking up, I was thinking, too, about the fact that my last post might have the potential of offending someone. First, this blog isn't necessarily the right arena for opinions. With regard to the exchange of children in the presence of a intermediary, I realize that there are situations where it is impossible for people to remain on good terms following a divorce, and in such cases, it is good that such facilities and programs exist. When it comes to family values, I'm afraid I'm a bit of a old-fashioned traditionalist. I also am said to wear my heart on my sleeve. It's who I am, and those who know me or read my blog have to put up with it once in a while.

Now, about my card . . . It was partially inspired by a Countdown card I saw on Nicole Heady's Capture the Moment blog. Again, if the photo doesn't show it, the card front is textured cardstock, my favorite for these super simple cards. I don't do the random stamping thing very often. The math involved in making the 10 for 1 cards, etc. looks more complicated to me that making individual cards. Nevertheless, while most of the cards I made with these random stamped pieces weren't planned, I can say that I used every last scrap!

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Holiday Red, Breeze, and Sweet Leaf cardstock; White Daisy Textured cardstock; White pigment, Holiday Red, Breeze, and Sweet Leaf ink pads; Treasures of the Heart and Impression Obsession Sentiments II stamp sets; Just Blooms White Daisy Variety Pack; Acrylic discs from Michael's; Liquid Glass.

Now, I'm off to see what else I can scrounge up on the floor . . .

6 comments:

Maricar said...

Kathi,
I think this might be one of my favorite from this RS expedition of yours.

I never made it to crafting tonight. Somehow, I fell asleep on the couch at 8pm. I'm up now, but I can tell Mr Sandman is still at my door.

LOL, just wanted to take one last look to see if you and Jeanne posted anything tonight!

One of these days, I'll start crafting again and you'll see your inspirations in my cards!

Lisa Stenz said...

Your RS sheets are great and the cards you've made with them are wonderful. I feel a lift coming on...

Allison Rankin said...

Oh wow Kathi...this is just gorgeous! I love every bit of it...colors, flowers, layout...yep, all of it!

Erica Bass said...

How can anyone throw scraps away when you see a card like this??? It is gorgeous!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Very creative with your scraps! Love the design!

:-)

Jeanne said...

Well, goodness...you are bound and determined to get me to take out and use my white stamp pad, aren't you? I guess since they are scraps, I wouldn't get too inky, would I?? LOL

Fabulous and fantastic are a couple of words that come to mind. Good thing you saw those scraps!