Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sidetracked and Feeling Genius

Anyone who reads my jabber knows that the word "sidetracked" comes up every now and again. My attention span for domestic chores and other non-pleasantries of the like is short. As for "genius," I don't use that word very often when describing myself . . . for obvious reasons. However, every once in a while, I have a light bulb moment. Prior to beginning my chores, I was surfing the net looking at (you guessed it) stamps. I came across a background stamp that looks like notebook paper. It's one that I've seen before that I thought I needed because I own a Stampin' Up Spiral punch that I don't use nearly as much as I thought I would. Studying "the" stamp, it suddenly dawned on me that I could create my own lined paper with my Printshop program. It took about two minutes, and while I'm sure to some, it doesn't seem all that smart, I am feeling pretty good about it. I'm sure the same thing can be done with Word. As for the card design, I was so excited about my new "paper" that I literally threw the card together using stamps and materials cluttering my desktop. The selection was relatively good. The focal point image and ribbon need to be moved up about a half inch. I'll fix it later after I do what I'm supposed to (or should) be doing.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Cranberry, and Outdoor Denim cardstock; Notebook paper made by me; Outdoor Denim, Olive, Cranberry, Autumn Terracotta, Brown Bag, Indian Corn Blue, and Grey Wool ink pads; Impression Obsession Anytime Sentiments and Stampin' Up Blooming with Love stamp sets; Ribbon from reasonableribbon.com; Stampin' Up Spiral punch; Cuttlebug w/Swiss Dots embossing folder; Sanding block; 3M foam mounting tape.

Later!!

5 comments:

Sylvia said...

Love the card. I'll have to check out my Print Shop program for the lined paper. Thanks for the tip that CuttleKids die cuts work with Cuttlebug.

Jeanne said...

You are a genious and don't you forget it! :o)

Another terrific card which looks fine as is.

I also wanted to let you know that I've mentioned you (again) on my blog as someone who inspires me. You might want to check it out.

Have a great night!

Stampin n da Hood said...

you SHOULD feel like a Genius!
Always love your artwork, Kathi!

Kisha said...

Kathi this is a really cute card - I love it!

Kisha

Maricar said...

Kudos to you! :)