Saturday, April 26, 2008

Some Opinions Don't Count

Inspired again by the April/May issue of Papercrafts, I made this rather ambitious card (for me anyway) and took it over to show the hubby. "Please tell me this looks like a Roman shade," I said. He gives me "the look," the one that says, "I don't get it." I should have bypassed him. Obviously, he isn't in the mood to be "wowed" this morning.

With these last couple of cards, I'm catching on to the "crafts" part of Papercrafts - not much stamping and a whole lot of fiddling around. I scored my paper for the shade at 3/4 and 1/4-inch intervals, which is more explaining than the magazine provided. The rest explains itself . . . I think.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White, Garden Green, Breeze, and Cranberry cardstock; Let's Get Together paper packet; Garden Green and Buttercup ink pads; April Word Puzzle and Impression Obsession Sentiments II stamp sets; Twill ribbon; Red mini brads; 1/2-inch circle punch; Corner rounder; Paper cutter w/scoring blade; Glue Dots; 3M foam mounting tape.

I think I have time for one more quick card before it's time to go get ready for the baby shower. If I didn't have a reason to go outside today, believe me, I wouldn't as much as stick my nose out the door. Brrrr . . .

1 comment:

Anita said...

The very first thing I thought when I saw your card was that it was a roman shade. So just what do husband's know anyway! My husb and of 34 years is the exact same way!

http://stampinwithanita.com/