Saturday, April 26, 2008

Snowed In

This card was inspired by a wedding card in the featured in the April/May issue of Papercrafts magazine. The card in the book is all white. I decided to do mine, however, with a textured Baby Pink background. Close To My Heart's paper flowers are a tinge off-white and to fussy old Kathi seem to look better if they are not placed against a stark white background. Disappointing was the fact that I didn't have much in the way of an assortment of white buttons, just the same button in three sizes. I didn't have the seed pearls that the maker of the featured card had either. Additionally, the next time I make the card, I will run some embroidery floss through the holes of the buttons to make them appear as if they'd been sewn to the card. The instructions in the magazine say to adhere the flowers in a heart shape. I needed a guide, however, so I cut out a heart from a piece of scratch paper and lightly traced it on my background. Only when I saw the photo did I note that there are still a couple of pencil lines that need to be erased. The flowers and buttons were all adhered with Glue Dots. All in all, it was a fun card to make and one, I think, that would be fun to receive.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy cardstock; Baby Pink textured cardstock; Blush ink pad; Stay in in Style May SOTM set; Just Blooms White Daisy Variety Pack; White buttons from unknown source; Glue Dots.

It's quite a sight outside with several inches of snow on the ground and more coming down. Marv just ran the snow blower out to make a path for my car so he could run to the store. No one else in the building will be going anywhere until either the snow removal people show up or it melts, which won't be for a few days. The latest I recall it snowing in Minnesota was May 27th, and I remember it only because it was my sister's birthday. The earliest I recall was September 19, 1997. Why I remember that one, I don't know. That was the year of the historic flood that wiped out Grand Forks and East Grand Forks, only about 50 miles away. That's enough about unpleasant weather.

I am happy to report that I don't have a headache this morning, just cold symptoms, which are a little easier to manage. Other than a baby shower to attend this afternoon, it's going to be a quiet weekend, affording me lots of time to stamp. Yippee! I'll catch you later!

No comments: