Sunday, May 25, 2008

Another Sketch Card

This card is based on this week's sketch from Jen Del Muro's fun I {heart} 2 Stamp blog. As for my card's details, I created the scallop on the striped piece using my Stampin' Up Slit punch. The flower elements were stamped and cut out. I used inked up sponge daubers to define the edges. I was a bit puzzled when it came to choosing a complementary ink color for the Buttercup flowers. Not wanting anything too bright, I finally settled for Goldrush and think I made the right choice. I used Vineyard Berry on the Hollyhock pieces. As for attaching the rickrack, I've been using Mini Glue Dots, just a couple on the front and one on each end that raps around to the back of the card front. I have Fray Check on my shopping list with thoughts that if I can kept the edges from fraying, I can cut the rickrack flush to the edges of the card and eliminate a little bulk. Everything else, I think, should explain itself.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Buttercup, and Hollyhock cardstock; Boom-Di-Ada Creative Basics collection; Buttercup, Hollyhock, Olive, Goldrush, and Vineyard Berry stamp pads; Cottage Floral and Because of You stamp sets; Button from Hollyhock My Accents; Colonial White Waxy Flax; Stampin' Up Slit punch; Sponge daubers; Edge Distresser tool; Piercing Tool; Stampin' Up Piercing Guide and Mat; Mini Glue Dots; 3M foam mounting tape.

Despite intentions otherwise, I ended up having a lazy day. I snoozed away a good part of the afternoon and this evening attended a lovely graduation reception for a friend's daughter. While today was the perfect holiday, I'm going to have to get it in gear and get some stuff done tomorrow. Ideally, it will be work-a-little, stamp-a-little day. I'll see how it plays out. Whatever you're doing, I hope yours is a good day. Take care, and thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

oh oh oh I love this one too.... geez Kathi you just keep me on my toes! lol

Jeanne said...

Man, I really really liked the other one using these same items, but this one...I think I like just a teensy tiny bit more! Those flowers look fantastic and I love the details you've added.

Terrific!!

Hope your day turns out wonderfully!

Janelle Janish said...

this card is fabulous. thanks for sharing!

Stampin n da Hood said...

Those flowers...UGH! I try to avoid cutting out anymore, but manO! may have to stamplift this one!


As for the fraying issue, I try to use a small amount of liquid glass.