Saturday, May 24, 2008

Bright & Bold

Here's another card made with the Just Love stamp set and the same bright color combination. It took a while, because with the exception of the flower stems and sentiment, all of the elements were stamped on same-color cardstock and cut out. After a considerable amount of work, I was concerned for a while that I should have done something more with the background. Once all of the pieces were in place, however, I decided I like the white space that remains. If I'd added anything it might have been some stamped stitching. Gotta love it when the great ideas come after the fact!

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Holiday Red, Topiary, Sunflower, and Dutch Blue cardstock; Holiday Red, Topiary, Sunflower, and Dutch Blue ink pads; Close To My Heart With Love June SOTM and Impression Obsession Anytime Sentiments stamp sets; White mini brads; Stampin' Up Word Window punch.

I took a nap and woke up feeling like I've been run over by a truck. It's raining outside and about a 120 degrees in this apartment. I'm sure the lady in the apartment below us still has her thermostat set on 85 and is cold. So, if all I'm going to do is complain, I don't suppose anyone wants to listen to me . . . Perhaps, I should just put my cantankerous butt back to bed and try to sleep it off.

For lack of something more original or different to say, thanks for stopping by. I hope you're enjoying the weekend.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

This is terrific as well! I like the white space and am so much like you, it's funny. I think of things to do differently after I finish a card as well!

Not fun to wake up and not feel refreshed! Hopefully the apt cooled down, you got some good sleep and you will feel better today.