Friday, May 2, 2008

Happiness

The man in brown didn't disappoint me today, delivering a Close To My Heart order on time and more importantly, intact! Isn't this a pretty flower? With every new Idea Book, there is always one set that grabs me. Oddly, it isn't always the first set I order. This time it was. The name of the set is "Happiness," and the sentiment that accompanies it is one of my favorites.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Sunflower, Olive, and Brown Bag cardstock; Sunflower, Olive, and Brown Bag ink pads; Happiness and Spot on Backgrounds stamp sets; Corner rounder; Sponge daubers; Piercing tool; Stampin' Up Piercing Guide & Mat; 3M foam mounting tape.

My second card is a 5-1/2 inch square quick card. The stamp was inked with White Daisy pigment ink and stamped on 1-7/8 inch squares, which were in turn mounted with foam mounting tape on a 4-inch square piece of black cardstock. The sentiment, stamped in black, finishes it. I love the bright colors paired with the black and white.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Black, Breeze, Watermelon, Citrus Leaf, and Hydrangea cardstock; White Daisy pigment and black ink pads; Happiness and Say it in Style May SOTM; 3M foam mounting tape.

When I said in an earlier post that this has been a strange week, it was an understatement. The news I was celebrating has yet to materialize, if it does at all. Someone close is in the midst of a personal crisis through no fault of his own. It's a bizarre situation that has touched a lot of people, changed a lot of lives, and damaged relationships. It is also a situation for which the person responsible accepts no responsibility. Oh well, as we can't rewrite the story, we keep turning the pages with hopes that the ending will be a happy one.

As for the weekend, with the exception of a few loads of laundry and some dust bunnies to round up, I have plans to do nothing more than hole up in Kathi's Corner. Look for me to share what I come up with, and in the interim, have a good weekend!

5 comments:

無料提供!!情報商材・商品徹底分析!!(初心者向け) said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tammy said...

I have really enjoyed your cards. I just thought I'd tell you because I look at your blog nearly everyday.

Thanks for your inspiration.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see what you do this weekend. Love looking at your stuff.
Treena

Anonymous said...

Great cards, Kathi. I love the bright colors with the black & white. I'm on that kick right now in my little creative corner too. And it's nice to see the 1st card with different colors - other than what's in the catalog. I love your choice of colors for it. I will check back in this weekend. You never disappoint!

Anonymous said...

Kathi, I am loving everything you are doing with this set. Wow!! These cards look great, and I especially love the color blocked one with the white. Mmm...Gonna need to play today. :) Thanks for the inspiration and congrats on your goodies from that man in brown :)