Thursday, May 1, 2008

Something Bright

I was in the mood to make something bright this evening that didn't require designer paper or a lot of fuss - just plain ol' stamps, ink, and paper. The background paper was created with ink the same color as the cardstock (Pink Carnation) and White Daisy pigment ink, a product that is appreciated more and more as time goes by. The yellow flower centers were created with clear acrylic discs backed with tiny circles (cut with a hole punch) of yellow cardstock. The focal point image was colored with markers. I thought I would be going back to the drawing board when, after the card was complete, I literally dropped the inked up sentiment. What were the chances that it would land in the right spot and that the image would be crisp? I guess I'm a lucky stamper tonight!

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Black, Carnation Pink, and Sunny Yellow cardstock; Black, Carnation Pink, and White Daisy pigment ink pads; Carnation Pink and Topiary markers; A Friend Is . . . and Say it in Style May SOTM stamp sets ; Ribbon from Michael's; Acrylic discs from Michael's; Hole punch.

I am wiped out again tonight and so glad it's Friday tomorrow. After I do a little straightening up in my corner, I am going to bed so that I can get up and go to work early. The earlier I go, the sooner I'll be able to come home and start the weekend! The UPS man is coming tomorrow with my stamp club's order. I ordered a few things from the new catalog. After I get things sorted out and bagged, I should be able to play and have something new to show you. In the meantime, I wish you a wonderful day and as always, thank you for stopping by. Later . . .

3 comments:

Liane said...

I love your clean lines. This is a beatuful card. Thanks for sharing.

Julie Allain said...

Hi Kathi

You have been featured on INSPIRATIONAL today :)

Please email inspirational.blogs@gmail.com and I will send the code for your banner award

Julie x

Maricar said...

You dropped the stamp and it stamped correctly. Wow. The card making angels are on your side tonight!