Thursday, May 22, 2008

I Can Pick a Winner!

I know I said last night that I didn't have any emotional stake in who was named American Idol 2008. However, when David Cook was named, I flew off the sofa like a high school cheerleader. I surprised myself, and I certainly shocked Marv, who was home for the last half of the two-hour show. The crazy thing is, I probably won't even like the kind of music this kid ends up performing.

For my card I used my new favorite stamp set . . . again. What I hadn't used prior to making this card was the ink and cardstock. As I noted in an early post, I purchased Stampin' Up's Apricot Appeal ink in hopes that it would match CTMH's Taffy cardstock, because, while I like the Taffy paper, I'm not crazy about the rather bland color of the ink. To make a long story short, the SU ink didn't match the CTMH paper, which meant I needed the SU paper to match the SU ink. If you're confused, I am, too. The element that makes this card unique is the sentiment embossed on a vellum band. I used gold detail powder after my original attempt using Olive embossing powder didn't work out so well. The green embossed image was too "fat" (for lack of a better word).

Materials & Tools: White Daisy and Garden Green cardstock; Stampin' Up Apricot Appeal cardstock and ink pad; Garden Green ink pad; Vellum; CTMH Happiness stamp set; Stampin' Up Whisper White taffeta ribbon; Liquid Applique; VersaMark ink pad; Gold detail embossing powder; Embossing tool; Sponge dauber; Corner rounder.

There's only one more day of work before the long weekend. Bjorn and Mathias are spending tomorrow night and most of Saturday with us, which makes me happy. Grandpa is going to get the Gator charged up, and I'm hoping for nice weather so we can spend lots of time outside. Bjorn is my little nature lover, having filled his pockets from a very early age with any "treasure" that would fit. I love his curiosity and answering his questions. My grandma taught me to appreciate the outdoors. I remember walking around the outside of her house with her while she showed me and talked about her plants and flowers. While I didn't inherit her green thumb, I do love all that nature has to offer and sharing it with my grandchild. For tonight, I'm going to do a little cleaning up and then turn in early. I'll be back with my Friday Favorite post and most likely a card or two. Until then, take care and thanks for stopping by my corner.

No comments: