Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Creative Circle

It all started with this card on Melissa Bickford's Just Dandy blog. Melissa's card inspired my friend Jeanne to make this card, which in turn inspired me to make this card. Jeanne and I, we've learned, are attracted to the same card designs. We like the same papers, too, and both liked the Basic Grey paper Melissa had used on the original card. Well, Jeanne (lucky girl!) found the elusive paper (on sale, no less) and the card posted here on her Creative Bliss blog. While poor little me has yet to locate Basic Grey's Gypsy collection, I was inspired by Jeanne's second card to come up with yet another card using paper that I do have. This paper is from Basic Grey's Infuse collection, and it worked out beautifully with textured cardstock from CTMH's new Basic collection and ink, ribbon, and a spot of patterned paper from Papertrey Ink. The sentiment is from one of my new Verve Visual sets. How's that for mixing it up? I really like the fact that all of these products are compatible. As for the card design, it is wonderful for some of those larger patterned papers that tend to present a bit of a challenge otherwise. My long story is another example of how the creative circle goes round.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White Cardstock; Desert Sand and Cocoa textured cardstock; Basic Grey Infuse 6x6-inch paper pad; Papertrey Ink Pink collection (patterned paper); PTI Berry Sorbet and CTMH Bamboo ink pads; Verve Visual Petals & Stems stamp set; Just Blooms paper flowers; PTI Berry Sorbet satin ribbon; Circle Window Charms; EK Success corner rounder; 3M foam mounting tape.

I'm not so tired tonight, which is no wonder since I went to bed at a decent time last night and then overslept this morning. Being rested is good. Having to go into work 40 minutes early tomorrow just to make up time from having been late every day this week does not excite me, however. What I like to do instead is work a few minutes extra every day so that I can leave early on Friday. That's not going to happen this week, I'm afraid. Oh, how I would enjoy a life without clocks, particularly time clocks. Dream on, Kathi. Before I sign off, I have some good news. The sticky stamp that was lost was found stuck to the bottom of my Olive stamp pad. It was a perfect fit, and what possessed me to actually look at the bottom of that particular pad, I don't know. I was just happy to find it. Take care. Enjoy your Thursday. Most likely, I'll be back with a card and a little jabber about my not-so-exciting life.

2 comments:

nonapearl said...

Hey Kathi,

Your cards are gorgeous as ALWAYS!

I want to send you a few goodies for playing on my last challenge, but I need your mailing address...

=) Nona
nonapearl@firebin.net

Unknown said...

Kathi I really do wonder if you sleep at all. I haven't had time to turn around little lone create and it is really starting to bug me. When I saw the title Creative Circle it reminded me of a magazine that my mom used to get a LONG time ago that had all kinds of handmade crafts in it from knitting, crochet and needlework to liquid embroidery.... does anyone remember liquid embroidery? My Grandma used to do it until the arthritis crippled her hands too much (people say my hands are very much like my Grandmas and I cringe....oy) anyway I just wanted to say how much you keep inspiring me to not give up on the crafting..... if Kathi can go on little to no sleep them by golly so can pammiewhammie! Love ya Miss Kathi!