Thursday, June 26, 2008

If At First You Don't Succeed . . .

. . . try, try again. For the second time this week, I found myself struggling in my corner. My first card ended up in the trash. It was ugly. Moderately disgusted but still determined to create something, I turned to Hero Arts website for inspiration and found a card I deemed myself capable of copying. I changed the original a bit in that I paper-pieced the bird and stamped the sentiment with colored ink instead of black. I also used a faux stitching technique, piercing the holes and then connecting them with a white gel pen. When I do this technique, I'm always amazed at how much it looks like real stitching.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy and Garden Green cardstock; Memory Box 6x6-inch Homespun Collection; Black and Garden Green ink pads; Garden Green marker; Hero Arts Clear Design Bird, Tree & Messages set; Hero Arts Spring Art Flowers; White Bigger Brads; Stampin' Up Slit punch; Piercing tool; Stampin' Up Piercing Guide & Mat; White gel pen.

I think my lack of mojo this week can be attributed to sleep deprivation caused by this ridiculous cough. If you've ever heard a child who has croup, that is what I sound like. I'm certain my neighbors at work think I'm dying. However, it's coming from nowhere, and I don't hurt anywhere. I just sounds terrible, and I'm exhausted because of it. To that end, I'm going to break down and go take something tonight with hopes of getting more than two or three hours of sleep.

Pesky cough aside, it's been a good week that seemed to fly by pretty darned fast. I believe Bjorn and Mathias are spending the night tomorrow night. Other than hoping to spend a lot of time with the family this weekend, I don't have anything specific on my agenda, which is just the way I like it. As for stamping, if I get my mojo back, I've got some ideas I want to try. It might be worth a stop back . . . In the meanwhile, have a great Friday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kathi, I had that thing you have in March and it took a month to get rid of it. The doctor said it just had to run the course because antibiotics didn't help. I do hope this is not what you have and I am sorry to give this news. If you can get sleep it really helps. I had to actually take some thing to knock me out.
Larie

Maricar said...

As always, your card looks great.

And, thanks for the thoughtful email today. You brighten my day, Friend.

Jeanne said...

Gosh, Kathi...I'm sorry to hear that cough is being too persistent! I hope you are able to rest better and finally get rid of it, soon.

Love this card! I like the paper pieced bird. Wouldn't have thought to do that myself. I'm happy you are persistent enough to complete a lovely card like this for sharing. :o)