Friday, June 27, 2008

Seventeen Photographs Later

Sigh . . . This is a remake of the card I rejected last night. I couldn't bear throwing the patterned paper away, so I fished my discarded card out of the wastebasket, pulled it apart, and tried again. The challenge tonight was photographing the card. For whatever reason, the tiny red plaid paper goes all weird in Photoshop. I tried different backgrounds and settings on my camera, but nothing seemed to work, so you'll have to take my word on the fact that the paper is cute and not weird.

The stamp set, "Bird, Tree & Messages" from Hero Arts, is the same set I used for my card last night. Birds, a tree, words, and a squirrel to boot - what more can a girl ask for? As for who I'd send a "nuts about you" card to, I'll send this card to Bjorn. Periodically, I send cards to the little guys. They love to get "real" mail, and, I'm told, keep their cards with them 24/7, showing them to anyone and everyone who will take the time to look. This card is perfect for four-year-old Bjorn who is big into detail these days. He's sure to have something to say about the bird, the squirrel, and the flowers in the tree.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Olive, Buttercup, and Holiday Red cardstock; Memory Box 6x6 Homespun Collection; Black, Brown Bag, and Olive ink pads; Olive, Garden Green, and Holiday Red markers; Hero Arts Bird, Tree & Messages stamp set; Red mini brads; Dove blending pen; Stampin' Up Photo Corner punch.

I hope everyone is looking forward to the weekend as much as I am. Marv is going north to work on the hunting cabin tomorrow, so once Cameron comes to get the boys, I'll have some time to get some stuff done. I have a few projects in mind, which I will be sharing. In the interim, take care!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh my...17 photos?? Well, I think it looks fine and our similar tastes have shown up again. I just bought this set recently, but haven't had a chance to ink it up!

Love that you send cards to your boys!!

Can't wait to see what else you'll think up!

Maricar said...

Once again, your thoughtfulness as a grandma just warms my heart. Your family is so lucky to have you.

Second, THANK YOU for changing the labels on your blog entries. I needed inspiration for clean and simple cards using the June SOTM and I was quickly able to look at yours and, of course, I found some inspiration.

Have a great weekend Kathi.