Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Necessity is the Mother of Invention

I hope my hype last night over this card wasn't overkill. I hadn't even made the card yet, but before I tell the story, I'll give credit to the card - this card on the Lucky Clucker blog - that inspired me. I love everything about Bonnie's card - the color combination, the sentiment (I need this set) and . . . the pretty flower.

Believe it or not, I have never purchased Prima flowers. I have Close To My Heart's Just Blooms paper flowers. I have some gigantic silk flowers from Heidi Swapp, and once, I bought a package of Paperbilities flowers at Walmart. Anyway, when I set off for Walmart on Sunday in search of brown satin ribbon it was with the idea of finding flowers that would work for a card, not in the stamping/scrapbooking area (I knew better) of the store but rather, amongst the silk flowers. Due to a rather limited selection, I did not find the teal color I was looking for but did find a couple other floral bushes that I figured I could pull apart, and for about $4, I have a big pile of flowers in a couple different colors that will work just fine for cardmaking. And yes, when I get to a "big" town where there are real stores or a website that sells Primas, I probably need a few of them, too . . . and some brown polka dot ribbon and . . . LOL.

Materials and Tools: White Daisy, Lilac Mist, Spring Iris, and Cocoa cardstock; Spring Iris and Cocoa ink pads; Birthday Script stamp set; Brown Bigger Brads and mini brads; Dimensional Elements Bookplates; Flowers and brown satin ribbon from Walmart; Cuttlebug w/Stylized Flowers embossing folder; Stampin' Up Slit punch; Cropodile; Sponge dauber.

I went to work early this morning, which meant I got to come home reasonably early. What I didn't mention yesterday was that Marv painted the living room, kitchen and bathroom. It looks great, and thanks to his efforts today, almost everything is back in its place. Bjorn and Mathias are staying with us tonight, so I'm going to go play with something other than stamps. If I'm not too tired once we get them to bed, I might venture to my corner. We'll see how it goes. Take care, and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Thank you for your wonderful comments!! I appreciate itmore than you know! Now I absolutely love the colours in your card - just gorgeous!! Isn't stamping FUN! You are so lucky that you have a painter in your home.....no such luck here.....I am the closest thing to a painter and that is just a stamper!! LOL!

scrappernic said...

Loving all your recent cards. I haven't been on the computer much with this move and adjusting to life in someone else's house. I just wanted to stop by and say that your cards from this last week are STUNNING :)