Wednesday, June 11, 2008

While You Were Sleeping Last Night . . .

. . . I was up making cards, because I'd fallen asleep earlier in the evening. The bedtime ritual with Mathias that involves my laying down with him until he falls asleep backfires about 25 percent of the time. Grandma clonks out, too, only to wake up two or three hours later too wide awake to go back to bed right away.

This first card was inspired by this card on Charmaine's fun Oodabug Alley blog. If you're familiar with my simple stamping style, you will know why her card appealed to me so much.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White and Black cardstock; Stampin' Up Kraft cardstock; Black ink pad; White Daisy pigment ink pad; Verve Visual Floral Whimsy stamp set; Black Bitty Brads; 3M foam mounting tape.

My second card was inspired by Cindy's great card on her The Creative Closet blog. The colors - light blue and red - that I never would have put together on my own were what knocked my socks off. Cindy claims to have an obsession with these colors, and I can see why. Look at this beauty! I love it. One of the stamps I used for my card is the border that that's included in CTMH's June Word Puzzle set. I love it, too!!

Materials and Tools: White Daisy, Black, and Holiday Red cardstock; Heavenly Blue textured cardstock; Black and Topiary ink pads; Heavenly Blue, Holiday Red, and Buttercup markers; June Word Puzzle and Happy Birthday stamp sets; Cranberry gingham ribbon; Stampin' Up Slit punch (for scallops).

It was Wild Wednesday at work today with so many interruptions that I couldn't get anything more than bare basics accomplished. If my body and boggled brain cooperate tonight, I am going to bed early, so that I can go to work early and get something done before anyone else gets there tomorrow. At least, I'm not feeling bad about being cooped up inside all of the time. The weather is unbelievably awful - overcast, windy, and downright cold. The forecast for the next several days is dismal. Yuck! On that rather sour note, I will leave you for tonight. Take care, and thanks for stopping!

6 comments:

Sylvia said...

The weather is yucky here in northern Michigan. Your cards are great!

Jeanne said...

Love these cards (gee, I think I say that about every one...maybe I should try some different adjectives...), but seriously, I DO! I'm going to check out that blog link on the second card. I saw the first one and you beat me to the punch, because I want to try it, too. :o)

I hope you get a good full night's sleep and have a much more productive day.

The weather is just wacky everywhere, I think. We hit 90plus degrees yesterday (Tuesday) and today, I don't think it got much above the mid 60s! Maybe you'll get to hole up in your corner and play?

Unknown said...

Both of these cards are amazing! I just wanted you to know that I often come by to see what you have created. Thanks for sharing your artwork.

belle d. said...

these are gorgeous kathi! i really love the white flowered card. it's so lovely! what a great thing to accomplish while everyone else is sleeping!
abrazos,
bella

Maricar said...

I love the look of the white pigment ink on the kraft colored cardstock.

Patzke's said...

Great cards, as always. Thanks for continuing to post, I love to come here and check out what you have done.