Sunday, June 29, 2008

Silhouette Blooms

While the look created with silhouette stamps may be nothing more than a current trend, it's a simple, classic look that I don't think I will ever grow tired of.

This card was quick and easy. I stamped my flowers on a 3-1/8 by 5-inch panel that I cut into 1-inch strips. The cardstock piece behind my strips measures 3-1/4 by 5-1/2 inches. The patterned paper amounted to two 3-4-inch wide strips adhered to my card base - a great use of scraps. I used chipboard for the sentiment, sponging it first with Desert sand and then using a sponge dauber and Chocolate ink to give the edges added dimension. A couple of Antiqued Copper mini brads finished the card. When it came to the sentiment, I fretted about the fact that I'm waiting on an order for oval Nestabilities. However, once I came up with the chipboard, I was almost glad that I didn't have them yet.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White and Desert Sand cardstock; 7gypsies Sushi Journey 6x6 paper variety pack; Desert Sand and Chocolate ink pads; Cornish Heritage Farms Silhouette Blooms I and CTMH Say it in Style May SOTM stamp sets; Dimensional Elements Bookplates; Antiqued Brass mini brads; Round sponge; Sponge dauber.

I didn't get to stamp much this weekend. That was OK. What I didn't get done yesterday in the way of domestic chores, I accomplished today, and Cameron and the boys spent the afternoon with us, which was fun. A picnic was mentioned yesterday, so we concluded the day with a trip to the Dairy Queen and nearby park to eat. It was nothing fancy but more than enough to thrill a couple of little boys. Children are so easy to please. I truly don't believe Bjorn and Mathias would have been happier today had they been at Disney World.

I'm looking forward to a short workweek and then a long, quiet weekend. I believe that both the boys have plans that are going to take them out of town, and Bjorn and Mathias will be spending the weekend with their mother's family at a family reunion, which will leave Grandpa and me to our own devices. I've said it before. As much as I love my family, I have no problem with a little solitude once in a while. As always, I wish you a good week and thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Absolutely, positively GORGEOUS card my friend! I didn't think I much liked these types of images until you started sharing what you have created. Stunning~

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. I think kids live much more in the moment than adults do and I wish I could be more like that!

Have a super week!

mE said...

Kathy,

You AMAZE me...

*sigh*

If I had a little of your creativity... wowza! I love this card and how you've split up the image!

:)

Erin