Wednesday, July 2, 2008

It's All About the Ribbon

Depending on how fast you can tie knots, this is a five or ten-minute card that I don't think would have been nicer had I spent three hours on it.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White and Cocoa cardstock; Simple Pleasures paper packet; Cocoa ink pad; Verve Stamps Asian Flair stamp set; Chocolate Distressing Ink; Antique Copper Bitty Brads; Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla taffeta ribbon; 3M foam mounting tape.

I made this card around 2 a.m. this morning. Out of nighttime formula Alka Seltzer, I used daytime formula and went to bed at 9:30. While I don't think it had anything to do with the Alka Seltzer, I was up and wide awake at 12:30. Around 3:30, I went back to bed and slept until it was time to get up and get ready to go to work. I'm OK so far this evening, but regardless of how tired I am, I'm not going to bed as early as I did last night. It doesn't work. I am also going to mosey over to Walmart later and pick up some type of cold remedy that says "nighttime" on the box. Coughing less during the day today, I'm thinking that this thing is finally starting to go away, which will suit me just fine. I'm tired of talking about how lousy I feel, how tired I am, etc.

As for my challenging writing project, I'm still working on it and even brought it home. Whether I'll work on it will depend on how generous I feel with my time. At least I'm starting to grasp the subject matter, having talked to the software engineer who wrote the program. Much to my surprise and relief, he talked in terms that I could understand.

There's only one more workday before the long weekend. Hurray!! I'm so looking forward to it. I'll bet you are, too. I'm off to do a little shopping, and I'll see when I get home whether I feel like working or am pulled to my corner. You never know . . . I might be back, and if not tonight, tomorrow. In the meanwhile, thanks for stopping!

3 comments:

Laurel said...

Beautiful card, love the ribbon and the sentiment.

Laurel said...

I forgot to say that I have nominated you, check out my blog

Patzke's said...

I like this paper. Wish I had more of it. Great card. I hope that you so start feeling better. Lack of sleep is never fun.