Saturday, August 23, 2008

Autumn Is . . .

The weather has cooled down considerably. It's the 22nd of August. Autumn and eventually winter are going to come, so I'm going to give in and start posting some cards made in fall colors. Unlike a lot of other bloggers, however, I'm drawing the line on Christmas . . . for a little while.

This card is another take on the sketch from Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #30. The leaf and sentiment stamps are rubber stamps mounted on Cling Mount from Impression Obsession. I tried to use a variety of autumn colors into this card and used the stamp rolling technique for my leaf image.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White, Goldrush, Autumn Terracotta, Chocolate, and Barn Red cardstock; Cocoa, Goldrush, Autumn Terracotta, Barn Red, and Olive stamp pads; CTMH Legendary Moments stamp set; Impression Obsession Maple Leaf and Autumn Quote rubber stamps; Autumn Terracotta Designer Ribbon Rounds (retired); Rustic Edge Anchors; Sanding block; 3M foam mounting tape.

Cameron came to round up his little ones, and Marv is gone to the golf course. As I got up so darned early, I'm ready for a nap, which is just what I'm going to do while the house is so quiet. After that, I've got some serious housecleaning to do. Darned maid didn't show up again this week. LOL. I've got a few more cards made, so most likely, I'll be back later to share them with you. 'Til then, take care.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

okay you - stop it! Let me catch up on all your other awesome ideas! geez what'sa gal supposed to do to keep up with you? LOL

BEAUTIFUL CARD

Jeanne said...

Kathi, you are definitely on a roll! I agree with Pammie! LOL this is so very pretty in so very many ways. I've marked it as a favorite.

Hope you have enjoyed the remainder of your day. Ü

Rachel Hope said...

Very pretty! i love what you did with this sketch!

Kathryn said...

Just gorgeous!!
I love the fall colors --the card is very elegant! :)