Saturday, August 23, 2008

Doubly Grateful

I gotta tell ya, this card is cuter in person and was actually inspired by a card in the new Papercrafts Cards, Gifts, & More - Paper Crafting 3 Ways. Nevertheless, it's pretty plan - kinda like me in the morning before I have my face on . . . and don't take that as an admission that I think I'm anything special with it on. LOL. Back to the card, it's a little simple even for my tastes.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White, Chocolate, Goldrush, Barn Red, Autumn Terracotta, and Olive cardstock; VersaMark ink pad; Goldrush embossing powder; Say it in Style stamp set; Buttons from Stampin' Up; Colonial White Waxy Flax; Embossing tool; Sanding block.

I'm proud to say that the idea to step up my second card did not come from the magazine. It's still a simple card but a whole lot prettier. To create the pattern I used the Abundance Borders stamp set, stamping with VersaMark and embossing with clear embossing powder. Then it was just to rub on some same color ink with a round sponge. It makes quite a difference, doesn't it?

Materials & Tools: Colonial White, Chocolate, Goldrush, Barn Red, Autumn Terracotta, and Olive cardstock; Chocolate, Goldrush, Barn Red, Autumn Terracotta, and Olive ink pads; Versamark ink pad; Clear embossing powder; Abundance Borders and Say it in Style stamp sets; Gold mini brads; Stampin' Up Word Window punch; Embossing tool; Round sponge.

I should have skipped the nap this afternoon, because I woke up feeling more sluggish than I did before I laid down and functioned accordingly afterwards. Oh well, tomorrow is another day. There's nothing going on around here this evening. Papa's in his chair watching some rather loud sporting event, and I have the same news channel on that I've been listening to all day. No wonder I'm sluggish after hearing the same story over and over again. I wonder if Senator McCain's choice of running mate will be a shocker, too. This entire political season, from the first primary, has been surprising for me. I would venture to predict nothing. On that note, I'll sign off for tonight. I hope you are having a nice weekend, and once again, thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Enough already - I think you should close down Kathi's Corner for some reconstruction or something to give us time to catch up! I like the first one alot but I ADORE the second version!

Tiff said...

I love both for different reasons! Wouldn't that be an awesome workshop!!! The good, better and best workshop!!!?

Maricar said...

Love this one.

Laurel said...

Wow, I love both but the second one is well WOW! You are such an inspiration!!!

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Wow! I was thinking, "I really like that plain card!" And then I scrolled down and my jaw dropped! Amazing. That second one is just stunning!!!

Jeanne said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I honestly liked the first card, simple is good, afterall. Then I scrolled down and bit and WOWEEEEE. Stunning! And I own that stamp set! Yippee, skippee. Another card to totally copy when I get into my craft room again. Unlike Pammie...don't you dare close down Kathi's Corner! LOL I need my "Kathi Fix."

Barb said...

The cards are lovely, Kathi! I love the sheer simplicity of the first card. And the second card, knocks my socks off! It's simple, but very, very classy. I just got that magazine, too and have really been challenged to 'step outside the box'. Thanks for sharing...you've been quite busy!

Sincerely,Sonja said...

Love this!! I just adore that second one. I agree, you amaze me at how much (fabulous art)you can crank out!

Sincerely,
Sonja