Saturday, August 2, 2008

A Fun Project

I came across the tutorial for this cute seed packet on the Inspirational Tips, Techniques & Tutorials blog yesterday and decided to give it a whirl. I also saw it as an opportunity to show off the August Stamp of the Month, Today's Date. I'm wishing I'd come across this project in April or May - at the beginning of or prior to the growing season instead of the end of it.

As for following the tutorial, I don't have a Scor-Pal, so I was thankful for the photos. I also used my Nestabilities dies instead of punches, which meant I had a few things to figure out for myself. Finally, there's one little measurements error in the directions. The dimensions for patterned paper piece for the flap should be 1-7/8 instead of 1-5/8.

Materials & Tools: Bamboo and Twilight cardstock; Stampin' Up Porcelain Prints (newly retired, I think) Designer Paper; Twilight ink pad; Today's Date August SOTM; Pewter mini brads; Cuttlebug w/Nestabilities Classic Circles set; Terrifically Tacky Tape.

The last couple of days have been a whirlwind of activity. The Movie in the Park Thursday night was so much fun. I would estimate that there were 500 people there. It was a great mix of young and old, so our little three-generation group fit right in. A local band performed for about an hour prior to the movie starting, giving the little boys plenty of opportunity to run off some energy. Once the movie started, however, all eyes were on the big, inflatable screen that had been set up. The picture was clear and the sound was great. The boys were so good and stayed awake for the whole thing. The movie, "The Sandlot," was really good. Bjorn and Mathias spent the night with us, so they could sleep in yesterday morning, which is exactly what they did. Grandpa took them to daycare at 11. On the way Bjorn asked Grandpa if we couldn't go to a movie in the park "again tonight."

Last night, the band that Marv was with during the 60s got together and played at one of the band member's family reunion. As he hasn't touched a guitar in over a year, Marv didn't perform, so we just went to visit with friends. One of the guys, Jack Sundrud, flew in from Nashville. Still a performer with the band Poco, he could have carried "the show" himself if he'd had to. While it was a good time, I was so ready for bed when we got home.

Today, I have some serious catching up to do in the way of housekeeping. This evening, a girlfriend and I are going out for a bite to eat before taking in yet another concert in the park. Marcoux Corner, a very talented and entertaining A'Cappella group that originated in the area before going on to bigger and better things, is performing. Between now and then, I'm sure I'll find every excuse I can to slip into my corner, which means I'll probably be back. I hope you're having a great weekend. Thanks for stopping!

1 comment:

Julie Allain said...

Kathi this is fantastic I'm so glad that you found the tutorial helpful xx