Saturday, August 2, 2008

Hints of Autumn

Although it's my favorite season, I am not ready for fall. Nevertheless, it is August, which means autumn will happen regardless of how prepared I am. Thus, I stamped a card in what I'll go so far as to call late-summer colors. The Chocolate and Bamboo cardstock was distressed with a course sanding block. I sanded vertically first and then horizontally so that it resembles the pattern of the striped paper. I stamped the head of the flower with Honey on Colonial White cardstock and cut it out. Then, I sponged on a little more Honey ink to fill in the "white" areas and used a sponge dauber to add Chocolate around the flower center and edges of the petals. It's amazing how much dimension the brown ink adds. The plan was to add a sentiment tag to the ribbon, but then I noticed that the "Be Kind. Be You." sentiment "fit" at the bottom, and so that's where it ended up.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White, Bamboo, and Chocolate cardstock; Caprice paper packet; Honey, Olive, and Cocoa ink pads; CTMH Happiness and Hero Arts Anytime Messages stamp sets; Antiqued Copper mini brads; Twill ribbon; Round sponge; Sponge dauber; Corner rounder.

I don't think I'm going to make it to the concert tonight. The friend I was supposed to go out with is in Grand Forks with another friend, and because she didn't drive, she's at the other gal's mercy. She called a little bit ago, and I told her not to worry about it. This homebody has no problem with the idea of staying in tonight. In fact, I'm kind of looking forward to a quiet evening at home. Later!

No comments: