Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Long & Lean

My card and stamp purchase were inspired by this card on Julie Koerber's Out to Impress Blog. Impress me, she did! Isn't her card pretty? As you can see, I opted for a vertical card. I also used a couple of different background sets - the retiring Weathered Backgrounds for the Barn Red piece and Adorable Backgrounds for the Autumn Terracotta base - and stamp rolling technique for the leaves The top leaf is Goldrush and Autumn Terracotta, the middle leaf with Autumn Terracotta and Barn Red, and the bottom leaf Barn Red and Vineyard Berry. I distressed the circles with a Bamboo ink pad, and I think that's it. With no room on the outside, the sentiment will have to go on the inside.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White, Autumn Terracotta, Goldrush, and Barn Red cardstock; Autumn Terracotta, Goldrush, Barn Red, Vineyard Berry, and Bamboo ink pads; Impression Obsession Maple Leaf rubber stamp; CTMH Weathered Backgrounds and Adorable Backgrounds stamp sets; Gold mini brads; Cuttlebug w/Nestabilities Classic Circles set.

Thank you so much for the kind comments on my last post. I had a fine day today, handling my "problem" and resolving it as planned. I also figured out a way to avoid future issues (in other words, outfox the fox), so perhaps you won't have to listen to me whine again. Because of the hassles, I'm starting to think that it's time to change jobs (within the same company) even though doing so will most likely result in a cut in pay. However, I'm much more about peace of mind than I am about $$ these days, and if I'm going to fret about something, I'd prefer it be something more important than a stupid job. For now, I'm going to wander over to my clean corner and see if I can't mess it up a little . . . maybe come up with a card or something. I hope yours was a good day, too. Later!

4 comments:

Julie Koerber said...

ooooOOOOoo! I like this card spun to be vertical instead of horizontal. Your leaf colors are great too! I'm glad I could share some inspiration! :-)

Unknown said...

pretty pretty pretty AWESOME

Jeanne said...

Gorgeous Kathi! I love those leaves and the colors are perfect. Now I have to hunt down those leaves. LOL

Thanks and I'm glad the day went better. I consider you letting off steam as simply that, not whining. Do what feels best for you. Ü

Here's to another great day!

Maricar said...

I'm smiling to know that you had a better day today!