Saturday, September 27, 2008

Dream, Inspire, Create

I'll have to admit that I don't spend an excessive amount of time dreaming anymore. In fact, I spent a little bit of time thinking about it around the time of my birthday last month and came to the conclusion that, for the most part, I'm living the life I dreamt of when I was younger. I have everything I believe to be important. Most of the dreams I have now are not for myself but for my children and grandchildren, that they someday have what I have and that the world they live in is a good one. As for creating, I do that . . . a lot. It's my therapy, making the real life stuff a little easier to bear. About inspiring . . . I hope so, because that's what this silly blog is all about.

The card is my take on Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #59. I'm still drooling over Close To My Heart's new colors and double-sided patterned paper. So pretty! With regard to card construction, I can't think of much to say with the exception that I used a Stampin' Up Build-A-Brad for my flower center. Fun!

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Sorbet, and Cocoa cardstock; Perfect Day paper packet; Cocoa ink pad; Inspiration stamp set; Just Blooms Big Pinks; Stampin' Up Build-A-Brad; 1/2-inch circle punch; Fiskars Sunburst border punch.

As has become my Saturday tradition, I got up early this morning. However, I can't seem to get focused. Torn between chores and playing, I work for 20 minutes and then stamp for 20 minutes. It's not very productive, particularly in light of the fact that I keep starting new projects before finishing anything. Presently, I'm consumed by hunger pangs, so I'm going to go grab something to eat. Perhaps a little nourishment will provide me with the ability to concentrate on something. I hope you're having a great weekend. I'll catch you later . . .

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Kathi, you are always an inspiration to me. I am so glad you post daily (much better than I do) on your blog. I check you out on a daily basis, sometimes twice to see if you have added anything new.

I love your simply beautiful cards, not to mention the parts of your life you share with us.

So I am thanking you very much for all the inspiration as well as the chuckles as you go thoughout your day.

We are the Moses tribe. said...

I agree with Kathy. I discovered your blog a couple of weeks ago and have been faithfully checking it every day, and often times more than once per day. This card is simply wonderful.

Ry, Tam & Fam said...

I, too, check your blog daily. This card is beautiful. I think I wanna try that layout. Thanks so much for your consistent, wonderful ideas.

Beate said...

Wow! Beautiful card, Kathi. I love it. Thanks so much for playing!
Hugs and smiles