Friday, September 26, 2008

Simple Autumn Blessings Times Two

Some of life's richest blessings fall under the category of simple. I used the same classic sketch for both of my cards tonight. One's dressed down, and the other is dressed up a bit. Each has its own charm, and I like them both. I do see the top card as more masculine, however, although if I'd used grosgrain ribbon instead of chiffon ribbon on the bottom card, I might view that one as masculine, too.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White, Chocolate, and Autumn Terracotta cardstock; Stampin' Up Kraft cardstock (top card); Abundance paper packet (bottom card); Chocolate, Autumn Terracotta, and Goldrush stamp pads; Bamboo stamp pad (bottom card); Papertrey Ink Out on a Limb stamp set; CTMH Speckled Background stamp (retired, bottom card); Antiqued Copper mini brads; and on the bottom card, Ribbon from Walmart and Edge Distressor tool.

When I left for work this morning, Grandpa was busy in the kitchen making pancakes (shaped like snowmen, no less) for two energetic, ravenous little boys. Toys were strewn everywhere, and morning cartoons blared from the televisions in the bedroom and living room. I came this afternoon to a very neat, very quiet nest. What a contrast, but one that's OK. The little guys are back at their mommy's house for a couple of days, and Grandpa is at the hunting cabin until sometime tomorrow.

I'm tired tonight with plans for nothing more than laying myself out on the sofa and watching the presidential debate . . . if I can stay awake. It won't matter. Should I fall asleep, I can be certain that it will be re-aired and rehashed for days to come. I hope you had a great day. Inspired by a couple of sketch challenges, I'll most like be hanging around the blogosphere this weekend. Until I find my way back, take care!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Simply gorgeous is what I say! You are definitely making me wish I owned that Out on a Limb set again. Everytime I try to buy it, it's out of stock! :(

Enjoy your weekend and I can't wait to see what else comes out of that creative mind of yours!