Friday, September 19, 2008

Simple Sampler

This is my card for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #58. As you can see, instead of making a square card, I opted for a 4-1/2 by 5-1/2 inch card. When I noted that it required so many different papers, I thought this would be a good opportunity to create a sampler of papers from Close To My Heart's new Perfect Day paper packet. While I'm probably repeating myself, I'll say again that these double-sided papers are wonderful. I only wish each package contained more patterned paper and less of the cardstock that I already have.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White, Juniper, and Cocoa cardstock; Perfect Day paper packet; Juniper ink pad; Inspiration and Birthday Script stamp sets; Antiqued Copper mini brads; Cuttlebug w/Nestabilities Classic Circles set.

I'm up with the birds this morning, which is typical. Throughout the workweek, it takes a blaring alarm clock to rouse be from sleep at 7. Come Saturday, I'm wide awake at 5:30 with no alarm and regardless of what time I went to bed. I think this requires behaviorial therapy. LOL. For starters this morning, I'm going to go clean up my corner. My desk is piled high as is the floor around my chair. An "Enter at Your Own Risk" sign would be appropriate. Whatever you're doing today, I hope yours is the best of Saturdays. Enjoy! I'll catch you later . . .

5 comments:

Tiff said...

Your card is beautiful! I'm going to have a go at the sketch!

You're too funny! I never use an alarm clock... I think having two young kids keeps me on alert at all times, which makes for dark circles under my eyes :(

I hope you have a good weekend too, don't work too hard getting that desk of yours cleaned up.

Tracy said...

Another beautiful card! I love it!!!

Unknown said...

very pretty! I think I'll be adding this stamp set to my "list"

Jeanne said...

What a very pretty card! Great showcase of the papers and that circle element is lovely.

Excellent work, my friend. I'm just now starting to wake up earlier than the girls...got way to relaxed this summer, need to get on the ball again. LOL

Alanna said...

Another beautiful card Kathi. Those double-sided papers are truly fabulous.