Sunday, September 28, 2008

Worth It . . .

My card was inspired by this beautiful card posted recently on the Paper Pleasing Ideas blog. As I've said in earlier posts, I've never developed a close personal relationship with my brayer, and there was a reason why my package of glossy cardstock is in excess of 10 years old.

My wastepaper basket currently runneth over with rejected brayered and stamped glossy cardstock and baby wipes. Actually, what caused nearly all the of problems I experienced was the black ink I was using, or I should say all of the black ink I was using - dye-based, permanent/archival - it didn't matter. I dried and dried it with an embossing tool, and as soon as I touched it or attempted to finish my card, it smeared. Finally, for my last, successful stab at getting it right, I stamped the reeds with black ink and embossed the image with clear embossing powder before brayering the sky with pink inks. I'm glad it worked. I was determined that it was going to and probably would have gone through the entire package of glossy cardstock before I would have given up. As for the finished card, I'm happy enough with it, although I've got to say I really love the brighter sky on the card that inspired me.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Black, and Baby Pink cardstock; White glossy cardstock; Black, Baby Pink, and Blush ink pads; Stampin' Up Inspired by Nature stamp set; Black Bitty Brads; Martha Stewart Butterfly punch.

After I've removed all the painful evidence (garbage/mess) of this last card-making adventure from my corner, I'm going to try this same card in a different color scheme using regular cardstock and round sponges. I have a feeling I'll be able to accomplish the same affect with much less frustration. If I meet with success, I'll show it to you . . . later!

2 comments:

Tiff said...

oooh, this is stunning! Good luck with round 2 ;)

Laurel said...

OMG I love it!