Thursday, October 9, 2008

Family First

Tonight's photo is one that is posted on my CTMH website, so it's one that some of you may have seen before. If I had the time, I'd make a new stamped candle, but time (or lack thereof) is the reason I'm posting an "oldie but goodie" photo this evening. A good tutorial for stamping on candles can be found here. The only advice I have to offer is to take your time, keep your waxed paper tight and your embossing moving and not too close to the candle or your fingers! The decorative band I made to go around the bottom of my candle (only partially visible in the photo) was created with coordinating cardstock and jute, a paper corrugater and sanding block.

This evening, I'm busy planning a little birthday party for my oldest son who will turn 30 tomorrow. Were it not for his two little boys, I would honor his wishes and "cancel" his birthday. However, "birthday" (regardless of one's age) equates "party time" when you're three and four years old and rightfully so. Lucky for me, it also doesn't take anything too extravagant to create a party atmosphere that is acceptable to three and four-year-olds. The world would be so much happier were we all so easy to please.

Because I don't anticipate that the party being a late-night affair, I will be back tomorrow evening with something new as in freshly stamped! In the interim, have a wonderful Friday! Later . . .

2 comments:

Maricar said...

Love the fall feel ...

Jeanne said...

Wow...love how this evokes the warmth of the season. Beautiful!