Sunday, October 5, 2008

Jello?

Here's something a little different. I wish I could take credit for it but not as much as I wish I knew to whom I should be giving credit. The idea for the clipboard is someone else's. It was on a card in my folder of "Blog Inspiration" photos that I obviously saved before I started saving photos and renaming them with the name of the blog and the date the photo was posted.

Going forward, the clipboard is made using Stampin' Up's Round Tab punch in a novel way. Cute, huh? I don't recall if I purchased that punch or received it as a gift, but I know I wanted it awfully bad. As it turns out, it's the punch I use the least. It's not the great punch's fault either. Rather, I think it's a lack of ingenuity on my part. As for those Wordsworth Stick People stamps, I like them because they remind me of what a kid would draw.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Black, and Cranberry cardstock; Cranberry gingham paper (retired); Black, Brown Bag, Cranberry, and Outdoor Denim ink pads; Cranberry and Tombow Flesh markers; Wordsworth Stick People and CTMH Weathered Backgrounds and Journaling Jots stamp sets; Silver mini brads; Ribbon from Walmart; Stampin' Up Round Tab punch; Corner rounder; Crop-O-Dile; Black My Legacy Writer.

With a list created by my husband, I'm off to the grocery store. He was awake just long enough to get under my skin. And to think I sit around here in the evenings these days thinking about how much I miss him. LOL. That's what nearly 30 years of marriage gets you - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em. Seriously, I think that for the remainder of this temporary employment stint, we'll both be better off on weekdays when I'm at work while he's trying to sleep. Later!

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

This is definitely a cute card, but, and I may be exposing my dorkiness again, what does the jello? mean? I guess it may have to do with the image being a nurse...so then this card would be for someone who isn't feeling well, right? Again...my inner dork is coming out! The execution on the card is terrific.

Connie said...

I love this card. It is an awesome idea for Nurse's Day next May. Thank you for the inspiration.

Maricar said...

Love the person stamp ... where'd you get that?