Sunday, October 19, 2008

Make It a Simple Christmas

Here are my club cards for tonight, a couple of simple holiday cards, both of which could be easily mass produced. We'll stamp the wreath first and do our dip-dot berries and then make the other card while the paint dries.

Materials & Tools: White and Cranberry cardstock; Evensong paper packet and Evensong Creative Basics Collection; New England Ivy and Cranberry stamp pads; Annotations October Stamp of the Month and Festive Frills stamp sets; Cranberry gingham ribbon; Gold mini brads; Red acrylic paint; Paint brush; 3M foam mounting tape.

Yesterday was a wonderful day. Miranda's wedding gown (beau-ti-ful!) fit perfectly, and I found a dress that I like, too. Why I didn't just buy it, I don't know. When discussing it with Mr. Marv, he doesn't think it's a good idea for me to buy a dress so early. "What size was it?" "Six." "What if you lose weight?" "I'm not going to lose so much weight that it won't fit." "What if you gain weight?" "I can gain a few pounds, and the dress will still fit." What a ridiculous conversation. I've pretty much been the same size for the 31 years we've been together. What the heck does he think I'm going to do in the next 11 months?

Back to our trip, after the bridal store, we had lunch and then hit a couple of other stores, including Hobby Lobby - a first for me! The fact that I walked out of there without a bag is quite miraculous! Needless to say, I was wiped out when we arrived back in town last night. Today, I woke up stressed out, which is unusual. I'm not sure what the reasoning is with the exception that there's a lot of "out of the norm" stuff going on this week. That's it for now. I've got a mountain of laundry to do. The little boys are coming over this afternoon and deserve some attention, and I have some final preparations for stamp club to take care of. I hope you're having a great day! Later . . .

2 comments:

Tiff said...

Love your two cards!!! I guess I should start mine...lol!

Jeanne said...

Lovely cards! I hope you all have a great time this evening. I should probably start thinking about what I want to do...

I'm quite impressed that you didn't buy anything...must mean you have all that you want right now. LOL

Hope you have a great Sunday!