Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Quick Post

How are you doing today? I missed posting yesterday, and I'm going to miss today, too, if I don't take a few minutes and "just do it."

My card was inspired by this card on The Technique Trail blog. I've always wanted to subscribe to the Technique Junkie Newsletter. However, the fact that I haven't gotten around to subscribing to the newsletter might be a sign that I wouldn't get around to the techniques either. LOL. Back to my card - I couldn't duplicate her beautiful card because I don't have that very cool-looking Cuttlebug folder. While I loved the embossing, I was also attracted to the colors and wondered if I couldn't pull off a look that was similar with CTMH's new Juniper. Here's the result of my experimentation. It appears to me that Juniper goes with Ponderosa Pine, and I like it with many of the colors from the autumn palette. What do you think?

Materials & Tools: Colonial White, Juniper, Autumn Terracotta, and Ponderosa Pine cardstock; Goldrush, Autumn Terracotta, Vineyard Berry, Juniper, and Ponderosa Pine ink pads; Nature's Vein stamp set; Impression Obsession Autumn Quote and CTMH Speckled Background (retired) stamps; Pewter mini brads; Cuttlebug w/Distressed Stripes embossing folder; 3M foam mounting tape.

I ended up taking a half-day of vacation to finish up the Halloween costumes. I should have remembered that McCall's does not make anything easy. Foregoing the shirts was a very good idea, although the 'super' grandma that some of you have dubbed me would have done them. LOL. Cameron and the boys are coming over for supper and to carve pumpkins tonight. We'll try on costumes, too, so hopefully, I'll get a photo or two that I can show you later. I hope you're week is going well, and as always, thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Sylvia said...

I like your card. You did a good job duplicating the card you saw. All That Scraps has those Cuttlebug folders. I just ordered one, along with some other stuff to get my order over $25 so I get free shipping.

Pat Huntoon said...

I'm glad to have provided the inspiration! Your card is beautiful. Just as an aside, the February issue has a focus on all things that are EASY -- so now is the time to get that subscription you have been waiting for ; )

Didn't mean to write an ad, just wanted to let you know that you flattered me this morning!

Jeanne said...

What a great version of the card! I am going to have to pull out that stamp set and start playing with it!

I can't wait to see what the costumes look like! You are an awesome grandma...I don't care WHAT you say! LOL

Lovely work, even when you are elbow deep involved in sewing!

Tiff said...

WOW! This is awesome! Love those colors and that layout! Happy Halloween!