Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Birthday Bird

This is my card for the sketch challenge group I joined at Paper Craft Planet. This was one of those cards that just kind of came together. The original plan was a Christmas card using tree stamps and the Twilight square that I embossed with a Nestabilities circle die. Then, when I was looking for some coordinating paper, I spotted a cute bird print in the Basic Grey Urban Prairie pad, and the plan changed. The paper-pieced bird is from Verve Stamps Anniversary Birds set.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Sweet Leaf, and Twilight cardstock; Basic Grey Urban Prairie 6x6-inch paper pad; Sweet Leaf and Cocoa ink pads; Cocoa marker; CTMH Happy Birthday and Verve Stamps Anniversary Birds stamp sets; Just Blooms paper flowers; Twilight mini brads; CTMH chipboard tag; Ribbon from Walmart; Cuttlebug w/Nestabilities Classic Circle set.

Between posts, Bjorn woke up, and the duo demanded breakfast. One would think this was a diner for the choices they expect. What's funny is the fact that once I'd named everything in the cupboards and the refrigerator, they ask for the "usual." Typical (cute, fun) kids!

My wish for you is a wonderful day. Take care, and as always, thanks for checking out my corner of the blogosphere. Later . . .

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Great card, this sketch has me stumped, I haven't done anything with it yet!

Jeanne said...

Ack...you do so well with all these sketch challenges and I haven't even attempted one of them! You give me great inspiration, though, for when I can try!

Love the bird and the use of the paper.

Hope you have a wonderful day today!