Saturday, November 1, 2008

Masculine

Hi! How's everyone in the blogosphere doing today? Here's my card for Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #40. Verve Stamps' Abundant Blessings set includes some silhouette stamps, including this cattail image that I thought would be great for masculine cards. I love this sketch. It's another that was made simple by three coordinating papers.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White and Autumn Terracotta cardstock; Basic Grey Archaic 6x6 paper pad; Chocolate ink pad; Verve Stamps Abundant Blessings and CTMH Happy Birthday stamp sets; Antiqued Copper mini brads; Stampin' Up Photo Corner punch; 3M foam mounting tape.

We (as in Marv and I, Cameron and the boys) had a fun day at an annual family Halloween party at my sister and brother-in-law's house in Roseau, which is about 60 miles north of here. To say that my sister goes all out for Halloween would be a serious understatement. Five of my six siblings were there along with most of the spouses. There weren't too many grandchildren there this year, and really disappointing was the fact that Mom didn't make it. Nevertheless, those of us who were there had fun. After so much activity, I'm tired again tonight and will be most happy to reclaim the hour that was taken last spring. That's for today and tomorrow, however. Having it dark at the end of the workday, as it soon will be, will take some getting used to. Enough for tonight. I hope you're having a wonderful weekend. My wish for tomorrow is some serious stamping time. We'll see . . . Until then, take care and thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Carolina said...

What a great take on the challenge and love the fall colors

Jeanne said...

This is a terrific masculine card! Love the colors and the design.

Glad to hear you had a good time at the family party!

Kathryn said...

What a wonderful Masculine card -- so fantastic - -love Verve Stamps! :)

Ida said...

Very nice. I like the nice "earthy" feel of this card.

Taylor said...

Lovely, Kathi! You did such a great job capturing the masculine style!

Laurel said...

I really like this card, I need to make more masculine ones!