Monday, November 24, 2008

Snow Friends

If you saw a card on another blog that was something like this, know that I did, too. I just don't know where, and trying to find it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack. I do know that the card that inspired me was made with Verve Stamps, its new snowman and snowflakes that were stamped in the background. I used the same color scheme and a similar sketch. Snow Friends, which was the October 2007 Stamp of the Month and is now in CTMH's regular line, is one of the cutest stamp sets ever.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Black, Cranberry, and Stampin' Up Kraft cardstock; Silhouette Creative Basics Collection; Black, Cranberry, Twilight, and Colonial White Pigment stamp pads; Cranberry, Sunny Yellow, Chocolate, Orange, and Baby Pink markers; CTMH Snow Friends and Papertrey Ink Mixed Messages stamp sets; Cranberry grosgrain ribbon; Diamond Stickles; Silver cord from my stash; Dove blending pen.

The headache I mentioned yesterday is "something." I just don't know what nor do I have time to deal with it. I started coughing during the night and really feel lousy. I worked for an hour and a half this morning and slept most of the afternoon. Marv is with family, and I told him I'll join him at the funeral home at 6:30. I need enough steam to get me through the next couple of days - the funeral tomorrow and an eight-hour workday on Wednesday. As for a big meal on Thursday, it might end up being peanut butter and jelly. Bjorn would be delighted! We'll see. Most likely, I'll pull off turkey with all the trimmings, and Bjorn will demand peanut butter anyway! LOL. For now, I'm going to go root around in the medicine cabinet to see if I can find something that will get this headache to subside a bit. I hope you're having a good day. Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Shan said...

Love that stamp set! Hope your headache gets better! Happy Thanksgiving!

Laurel said...

I agree, cutest snowman set ever! Fabulous card!