Wednesday, November 26, 2008

So, What Day Is It, Anyway?

Boy, am I out of it. I was out looking around for the Friday sketches before it dawned on me that it's not Friday. It's Wednesday, and as luck would have there's a Splitcoast Stampers sketch today.

My card was inspired by another, too, but as disoriented as I am these days, I don't know where I saw it. The sketch was different but the stamp set and colors were the same. I did remember that it was made with this paper, too. Very pretty. Fortunately, so is the Simple Pleasures paper that I had in my stash. As for card details, the only one that isn't obvious in the photo is that the focal point image is mounted with foam mounting tape. That's a really nice sketch. Did I mention in another post that I started a sketch folder in my picture file on my computer? It will be a great reference tool.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White, Desert Sand, and Twilight cardstock; Simple Pleasures paper packet; Twilight, Cocoa, and Bamboo ink pads; Cornish Heritage Farms Silhouette Blooms I and Papertrey Ink Mixed Messages stamp sets; Ribbon from Walmart; Antiqued Copper brads; Sponge daubers; 3M foam mounting tape.

Most likely I would not have opted for a sympathy card tonight had I not needed one. Marv's aunt passed away today - his mom's 93-year-old sister. She lived in St. Paul. Grandma was on her way to the Twin Cities with Marv's sister and her boyfriend for a few days when they got the call that she'd died. Poor Grandma. When Marv called me this afternoon, it was our original plan to drive to the Twin Cities (about 350 miles) after I get done with work on Friday. The memorial service is Saturday. By the time I got home, however, Marv had decided that he's just not up to making the trip. While I would have gone along with whatever he wanted to do, I'll have to admit that I was a little relieved. After the events of the past few days, we're both pretty worn out.

And tomorrow is Thanksgiving. Because Dustin and Miranda are having a noon meal with her family, we're going to have supper all together. While the food will not be traditional at our house (and I have yet to decide on a menu), our hearts will be filled with gratitude.

It felt good to work today - like "normal." My biggest problem today was that I was dealing with a gentleman in Australia, and I was totally thrown by the time difference. The last time he and I coordinated a joint press release, his ended up being distributed a day earlier than mine. Not a big deal - just confusing as heck. I did love his accent though. LOL.

Hopefully, I'll get my bearings straight in a day or two. I'd planned to put up our Christmas tree this weekend. At this moment, I can't quite imagine it, but I might feel different by Sunday. We'll see. I hope you're having a good week and that your Thanksgiving is a blessed one. Cyber friends are real friends and are amongst the great folks for whom I'm very thankful!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

This is gorgeous. I'm sorry to hear you have a need for this type of a card so soon, but you've done well with it.

Rest up my friend!