Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Hello World!

Hi, everyone! It appears the my battle with the bug is over, and I won. I went to work today and think it helped. Between loose ends to tie up from this year and new projects for next year, my plate is full, which is good.

As for my card, it is my adaptation of the Mojo Monday Week #67 on Julee's Poetic Artistry blog. It's a fun sketch. I colored my images with Prismacolor pencils. Everything else explains itself . . . I think.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White, Buttercup, and Olive cardstock; Boom-Di-Ada paper packet; Black, Olive, and Buttercup ink pads; Whipper Snapper Designs Posies for You and CTMH Spot on Backgrounds and Say it in Style stamp sets; Buttercup My Accents; Stampin' Up Old Olive grosgrain ribbon; Prismacolor colored pencils; Gamsol mineral spirits; Paper blending stumps.

Does everyone have New Year's Eve plans? Bjorn and Mathias are coming to stay with us, which will be fun. I cannot think of a better way to start the New Year. . . unless the four of us were somewhere enjoying a warmer climate. LOL. It's 18 below in the deep freeze called Minnesota tonight. Brrr! With that, it's bedtime. I hope your week is going great. Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Yea, Kathi! I'm so happy to hear you are feeling better!

Your coloring on this card is terrific! Reminds me that I need to practice.

Love the spring feel of the card. 18 below...brrrrrr....stay warm!

Happy New Year!!!

Laurel said...

Glad you are feeling better, I think I am too! Pretty card!

Sylvia said...

Glad you are feeling better. Shopping trip was fun and had a nice lunch out but Joann's didn't have the Cricut Cartridges I wanted, so I will buy online. I did buy 3 cute little Clear stamps for 2 bucks apiece at Ben Franklin.

Anonymous said...

Kathi,

Cute card - see, our thoughts are turning to warmer weather already! I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better!!!!! I'm sure you will enjoy the boys tonight and I agree, what a wonderful way to welcome the new year - with family close to you!

Happy New Year!!!!
Sharli - CTMH, AZ