Monday, December 29, 2008

Living Proof or . . .

. . . proof that I'm alive. Determined that enough is enough, I'm out of bed with hopes that I'm on the mend enough to go to work tomorrow.

The card is my take on this week's Paper Craft Planet sketch challenge. I saw it as a opportunity to use the January Stamp of the Month, Moments in Time. January 13th is Bjorn's birthday. He'll be five already, which seems impossible.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Cranberry, and Outdoor Denim cardstock; Topiary textured cardstock; Route 66 paper packet; Topiary, Outdoor Denim, Cranberry, and Black ink pads; Cranberry, Topiary, Outdoor Denim, Brown Bag, Grey Wool, Baby Pink, and Tombow #850 Flesh markers; Silver gel pen; Stampin' Up Ahoy, Matey (retired) and CTMH Happy Birthday and January SOTM Moments in Time stamp sets; Blue and red Making Memories mini brads; Black My Legacy Writer; 1 and 1-1/4 inch circle punches; Piercing tool; Stampin' Up Piercing Guide and Mat; 3M foam mounting tape.

Sitting here, I feel like some chopped a chunk out of my life. It's like we went into a time warp on Friday. When I'm not under the influence of aspirin, everything aches, including what seems like every hair on my head. It doesn't matter if I eat or not, I feel like I'm seasick. Marv's still on the sofa, too. Like I said, I really want/need to go to work tomorrow. That said, I'm going to go lay down again and see if I can't will myself well. I hope yours was a good day, and as always, thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh Kathi! I'm so sorry to hear you are still feeling so puny. I truly hope you are better SOON!

Love the card~that pirate is adorable. Love all the colros and no way is Bjorn going to be 5!

Rest, rest, rest! Hugs, hugs, hugs!

Jeanne said...

Make that...love all the colors in the card. Sheesh, fingers not coordinating with the brain.

Sylvia said...

Great card! Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Alanna said...

I hope you will feel better tomorrow so that you can go to work. Doesn't sound like too much fun being home sick with a sick husband to boot.

I love your card too. Your grandson will love it.

Creative Heart & Hand said...

Love it! I hope that you start feeling better real soon!

Stampin n da Hood said...

arg!
hand over the card you skaliewag and no one will get hurt!
Love this one!

I had absolutely NO brain cells while down with the shingles...so I can relate to a time warp!

Anonymous said...

Kathi,

Feel better SOON! Please?

Love this card - Bjorn will love it, too, I'm sure! You are very clever. If I could only create half as wonderful things when I'm feeling great as you do on the days you're not feeling great . . .

Well - there we go again! I do admire your work!

Sharli - CTMH, AZ