Tuesday, December 23, 2008

'Twas Two Nights Before Christmas . . .

Good evening! Thank you for your kind anniversary wishes. We had a wonderful day . . . for the most part anyway. There were a few "moments." For example, at the mall, I was told I walked too fast. After 30+ years of being told I walk too slow, that was a first. To remedy the situation, I parked Marv on a bench in the commons area and told him to "Stay." I checked on him once in a while either via cell phone or when I dropped off packages on my way to another store. When I had more than I figured two people could carry, we left the mall and went to Target where we had a cart he could lean on. At Michael's, I left him in the car. From there, it was more stores and one trip back to the mall, which he grumbled about (but only a little). When we're/I'm done shopping, it's traditional that we go to Red Lobster where we sat at the same table we sat at on the same day last year. The food was great. We then stopped at a sporting goods store for a little more shopping and were on our way home by 7 p.m. We talked the entire 50-mile trip, mostly about how fast the time had gone by and the fact that life has been good to us.

Now, about my card. This is my execution of Saturday's A Sketch for You to Try on the i {heart} to stamp blog.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White, Barn Red, Chocolate, and Juniper cardstock; Patterned paper from K&Company; Juniper, Barn Red, Garden Green, Chocolate, and Bamboo ink pads; Paper Trey Ink Floral Frenzy and CTMH Happy Birthday stamp sets; Cuttlebug w/Nestabilities Classic Circles set; Sanding block; 3M foam mounting tape.

After a full day, I'm beat. However, I need to do some meal planning before going to bed, so that I can hit the grocery store early tomorrow morning and beat the rush. I hope, like me, you're caught up in the spirit and that your Christmas will be blessed. 'Til later, take care!

5 comments:

Laurel said...

Beautiful job with the sketch! Merry Christmas!

Kathy said...

Happy Anniversery to you! Sounds like you two had a good time on your little get-away! Time alone is always good! Have a wonderful Christmas with your family.

Alanna said...

Love the card Kathi. It sounds like you all had a great anniversary. What a great man to go to all those stores with you. Merry Christmast to your family.

Vonney said...

Love this card. I loved hearing your shopping story too!

Jeanne said...

Wow, Kathi! I don't know that I would have survived your power shopping. LOL Good idea to "park" Marv! (chuckle, chuckle)

Love the card, but then there is nothing you create that I don't love, huh?

I'm grateful for our friendship and hope that you have a truly blessed holiday with your family.

Big Hugs!!