Monday, January 19, 2009

Better with a Friend

Here's my take on the Mojo Monday sketch. I had to make an adjustment or two to accommodate the stamps I used, but I think it turned out OK. The patterned paper is another new one, That's Amore, from CTMH's spring catalog. I was certain that I wouldn't like it from looking at it in the book. Then, I saw some amazing things made by some of the other consultants and realized I was wrong. The paper is beautiful.

Materials & Tools: Vanilla Cream, Chocolate, and Tulip cardstock; That's Amore paper packet; Chocolate, Tulip, and Bamboo ink pads; Flourishes Coffee with Friends stamp set; Acrylic discs from Michael's; Cuttlebug w/Nestabilities Classic Circles set; Sponge dauber.

Marv and I went out to dinner this evening. I ate too much and as a result am so tired, I can hardly hold my head up. Food does that to me, particularly heavy food like the American Legion's Monday night potato dumpling special - great stick-to-your-ribs food that provides the insulation (most likely in the form of fat) we need to live in this cold tundra.

Had I not enjoyed a telephone conversation with a friend (and I was drinking coffee on my end), I most likely would have passed out on the sofa - laid down for one of "I'm just going to close my eyes for a few minutes" type naps that are several hours long and throw normal sleep patterns off for days. I'm glad that didn't happen. I was busy at work today, the first couple of hours flying by so fast that it scared me. I anticipate that the rest of the week will be steady, too. That said, I'm off to bed. Thanks for stopping by! Later . . .

4 comments:

Alanna said...

WOW. I love the sketch and what you've done with it. Those papers are gorgeous.

Jeanne said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Those papers are just lovely! Love the sentiment (even if I don't drink coffee...just insert your favorite beverage there). How nice you got to chat with your friend after a yummy dinner.

Stay warm and safe!!

PS I guess I shouldn't tell you it was 60 degrees here yesterday, huh? Okay, I won't. LOL

Tiff said...

This is gorgeous!!!! I need that set now!

Stampin n da Hood said...

I just LOOOVE those coffee cups!
Darling card!!!