Tuesday, January 20, 2009

You Can Almost See the Sparkle ...

... but not quite darn it! I decided I wanted some sparkly cardstock, so I mixed some Pearl Ex with hairspray in a small spray bottle. I sprayed it on the Outdoor Denim and White cardstock, let it dry, and then ran it through the Cuttlebug using the Snowflake embossing folder. I also sprayed the punched heart and dried it with my heat gun. As for my image, I wasn't so brave. My little experiment worked. It just didn't photograph very well.

The card is my contribution to this week's Paper Craft Planet sketch challenge. The image is from a digital download by CC Designs that I colored with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol odorless mineral spirits.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Outdoor Denim, Citrus Leaf, and Bubblegum cardstock; Outdoor Denim ink pad; Black and Orange markers; CC Designs Digi Downloads Winter Bear and Bear Hugs stamp set; Outdoor Denim mini brads; Prismacolor colored pencils; Gamsol odorless mineral spirits; Blending stumps; Cuttlebug/w Snowflakes embossing folder; Fiskars heart punch; My Legacy Writer.

I'm in a funk tonight. Midweek doldrums? Seasonal Affective Disorder? I don't know. Maybe I just need a good night's sleep. And, that's where I'm headed. I hope your day was a good one. I bowl and the little boys are staying with us tomorrow night, so most likely, I'll be late with my post. 'Til then, take care!

3 comments:

Laurel said...

So cute! Must be an Outdoor Denim kind of day - I used it too!

Jeanne said...

I never would have thought to do this (the sparkle thing) in a million years! Wish I could see it. Very clever idea!

Hopefully, your funk will pass soon. I don't like those things! LOL

Can't wait to see what you come up with next. *Ü*

Anne said...

Sorry to hear you've been in a bit of a funk! Must be going around, because I can't seem to shake mine! LOTS of retail therapy hasn't even helped! WILD!

Love the bear stamp! It's too cute!