Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Busy

No, not me. My card. My pal on the P[inks] blog made some amazing cards (like this one!) with this stamp set and this paper. Her cards are gorgeous and mine is ... ah... busy. Maybe this great sketch (Jen del Muro's most recent A Sketch for You to Try on the i {heart} 2 stamp blog) was wrong for this paper and stamp set. Perhaps it's the rickrack or a combination too many bold paper patterns . Heck, maybe it's just my opinion, and it's a great card after all! When I look at it tomorrow, I might think it's the best card I ever made ... And so the stamping goes!

Not a lot to say about the card's construction. I used the stamp rolling technique for the butterfly - inking my stamp up with Hollyhock ink and then rolling its edges on a Vineyard Berry pad. I used a sponge dauber with Blush ink to fill in the "white" areas.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White and Indian Corn Blue cardstock; Magic Moments paper packet; Cocoa, Hollyhock, Vineyard Berry, and Blush ink pads; Butterfly Wings March Stamp of the Month and Say it in Style stamp sets; Rickrack collection; Hollyhock mini brads; Cuttlebug w/Shapeabilities Double-ended Tags and Nestabilities Classic Ovals set; Sponge daubers.

18 or so hours later: Hey, you know what? I made this card and started this post last night. It was dark outside and under artificial light, it didn't appeal to me much. In natural light, however, it looks much better. Not my all-time favorite or anything but definitely a card I can live with. That said, how was your day? Mine was OK. Good, actually. Cameron and the boys were here tonight for dinner. Marv made spaghetti. For a man who couldn't boil water prior to my entering the work force, he's turned into quite a chef. True, I guess, to the old adage, "Necessity is the mother of invention." LOL. Right now, I have a little guy (Mathias) who has challenged me to a game of Cootie, so I'm off to play. Hope yours was a great day, too. I'll catch you tomorrow!

5 comments:

Cindy Sinars said...

Kathi, I love this card! I'm always afraid to use PP on my cards. It never looks right to me. But I really love this one. I may have to copy it myself, I know I have those papers. :) Thanks!

Sarah said...

I LOVE those papers and haven't had the courage to use them yet, I will have to break them out.

Your card rocks!

Jeanne said...

Only you would be able to make those papers work so well together!

Love that butterfly...

So, did you have fun with Cootie? Jess and I played Pass the Pigs yesterday...she won, of course!

Sylvia said...

Nice bold colors! I don't have that paper pack but maybe I can do something with Boom Di Ada today.

Maricar said...

Did you win the game of Cootie?