Friday, March 27, 2009

Not So Bright ... My Card, That Is ...

Hey! I didn't mean to discourage anyone from trying the new Flowersoft products last night. I wouldn't have tried it myself had I not already seen a kazillion gorgeous cards made using it. You know how it is with new products. One visualizes what they'll be like. For whatever reason, I pictured Flowersoft being more like Fun Flock. I was just surprised and haven't done enough with it yet to have a solid opinion. My first experience was positive, and I have a feeling that the next time I say something, it will most likely be something like, "Try it. You'll like it!"

That taken care of, here's another card made with the Delicate Branches stamp set. I tried several things with the sentiment, stamping it on separate pieces of cardstock, before realizing that it might work out best to simply stamp it directly on the background paper. I'm happy with the results and like this card much better than the glow-in-the-dark green one I showed you a couple days ago.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White, Sorbet, and Cocoa cardstock; Unforgettable paper packet; Cocoa ink pad; Inkadinkado Delicate Branches and Impression Obsession Birds of a Feather stamp sets; Ribbon from Wal-Mart; Hero Arts 5mm pearls; Hole punch.

I took a half day of vacation today to do a few things at home and get ready for the scrap event. I'm going to work on Easter cards, and I'm taking a Memory Keepers box that I want to cover with paper from the Unforgettable paper packet. I don't think I'll last until 1 a.m., and if I do, I sure as heck won't be going back at 8 a.m. tomorrow morning. I'm not that hard-core. LOL. With that, I'm off. Enjoy the evening! I'll check back with you tomorrow.

6 comments:

Sylvia said...

Pretty card. How do you raise money by going to scrap event? Sounds interesting.

Sarah said...

Beautiful card..I am going to have to get that stamp set!

Sharli said...

Kathi,
LOVE this card in the Unforgettable papers! It is so soft and sweet! Your ribbon looks like it's bundled the branches together in a bouquet.

Enjoy your event!!!

Sharli

Sparkplug17 said...

Your card is very pretty!

Jeanne said...

Oh Kathi, this is so stunning! Perfect design for the stamp. Well done!

I hope you had a great time at your scrap event.

Thanks for the comments about flower soft...I'm sure I want to try it, but will have to wait and see if it shows up in stores around here so I can see it in person first. I agree there have been some gorgeous examples posted...

Laurel said...

I love this! Love the pink!