Sunday, April 19, 2009

Plant Smiles ...

Hey! Happy Monday! I hope yours was/is a good one!

About my card, I'm sorry to say I can't identify the card that inspired it. I saw it some and believe it was made with a Stampin' Up silhouette-type floral stamp, embossed white on green, and backed with blue. It was the pretty color combination that caught my eye. While this wasn't a difficult card by any means, I'll have to say that it would have been easier to stamp with one stamp instead of several. Better lighting might have helped. My clear embossing ink was definitely clear, and image placement involved a whole lot of guesswork. I think it came out OK. And, every time I emboss, I ask myself why I don't do it more, 'cuz it shure is purty!

Materials & Tools: White Daisy and Sweet Leaf cardstock; Twilight Textured cardstock; Sweet Leaf and VersaMark ink pads; White embossing powder; Treasure Life stamp set; Embossing tool.

I was very busy at work today, which made for a fast and furious eight hours. Tomorrow promises more of the same. Tonight, I'm busy doing some of the stuff I didn't get done on the weekend. Tomorrow night, the little boys are staying with us, and we're taking them out for supper. Wednesday, I have a much needed hair appointment. I look like a shaggy dog. Between "stuff," I hope to make it into my corner where I'm working on a little project. Don't get too excited though. It's not anything spectacular - just a little more than a regular card. Enjoy the evening, and have a great Tuesday. I'll talk to you again then!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it came out more than fine- it came out absolutely beautiful!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

I Love it! You're right about the colors - they are very pretty! You described perfectly what I preferred in the old CTMH embossing powder - that it was a light blue and I could see where I put it! But, with all the clear embossing over the inks - the blue-goo just wasn't pretty.

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card! The colors are lovely!
...How do you keep your embossing so clean. No matter how careful I am I always seem to get 'specks'. I use an embossing buddy (power thingy) and a fine brush to get those stray bits of powder off the paper but never seem to get it clean.
Yours looks perfect.

Laurel said...

Love everything you did while I was away. This is fabulous! Love that stamp set.

Stampin n da Hood said...

oooooh I love both, Kathi...this one and last nites!
Super stankin cute!

Jeanne said...

I LOVE this color combo! You've done an excellent job on this card, despite not being able to "see" the clear images (or maybe because of it).

Beautiful, just beautiful!