Wednesday, May 13, 2009

One of a Kind

Hi! How are you today? Here's a card I made last night using the little bird and owl stamps that are part of Hero Arts' Hello Tree set. While it worked out great to color the owl with markers, I kind of wish I'd paper-pieced those little birds. I just might do that yet!

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Cocoa, Sweet Leaf, and Hollyhock cardstock; Magic Moments paper packet; Black and Cocoa stamp pads; Hollyhock, Bamboo, and Brown Bag markers; Hero Arts Hello Tree and Anytime Messages stamp sets.

I'm in a better mood tonight than I was last night. I had my quota of chocolate today. There's a peanut M&M dispenser near the coffee machine at work that readily accepts my quarters ... all of them. I'm happy, too, that we're one day closer to the weekend. Yes!! There are a lot of things I want to get done, including seriously cleaning my little nest. After my post last night, I took a few minutes to straighten out my closet and felt much better for having done so. It was at the avalanche stage. Falling out of one's chair is one thing. Getting clunked in the head when you open the closet is another.

One more thing before I sign off. We had snow this morning. Not a lot but enough to accumulate on the roof and windshield so that it was visible. It's getting old, and if we don't get some sunshine and heat, we'll be lucky to have leaves on the trees by Memorial Day. I'm sure you're envious. LOL. Like always, thanks for stopping by! Enjoy the evening ...

7 comments:

Sylvia said...

What a cute card. Snow in May is extremely disgusting. It is going to frost here tonight. Maybe you will have a nice summer. One May 45 years ago I was pregnant with my firstborn and we had 8 inches of snow. I got yelled at by the dr for gaining a couple of pounds. That was not a good day. But then we went on to have a hot summer. LOL.

Jeanne said...

Kathi, you are truly one of a kind! What an adorable card. I agree, snow in MAY is such a sad sight. I truly hope that this is the last of it for you and you get to enjoy a glorious summer (one that doesn't include too many MN State Birds... aka mosquitoes)!

Glad to hear you made a little progress on your cleaning and your head is safe from falling supplies!

Deborah Young said...

Kathi - your little owls are precious! You are brave to color each one. I am always afraid I will mess up the last one and have to start all over (maybe 'cause it's happened more than once - tee hee!)

We don't get much snow down here in Florida......

Leslie said...

Deb beat me to it. I was going to say it has been in the 90s here so I would trade a little snow for this heat this early in the year. I have been in FL for 10 years now and of those years I have had AC in my car for less than 1 year. My own personal sauna. I used to drive 45 minutes to work in my own little sauna. grins. Your owl and birds are cute. I love that paper. I forget about using it.

Laurel said...

Too cute, love the little owlies!

Sarah said...

SNOW!!! ahhh Kathi I am sorry. We did shiver a bit at our retreat at 30-40 degrees in a cabin with no glass...but SNOW!!! ouch.
OMG I LOVE your little card. It made me smile...so cute.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Love this card!!! You are "one of a kind" yourself! It's a theme I completely endorse.

Snow? Really? (deep sigh!) We were over 100 every day this week, I believe. Amazing.