Sunday, June 14, 2009

One Petal at a Time

This card is my take on this week's Sketch for You to Try on Jen Del Muro's i{heart}2stamp blog. I colored the flowers and leaves with markers and the bucket with Prismacolor colored pencils. Three tiny self-stick pearls accent the flowers. The rest explains itself, and it goes without saying I love these colors!

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Juniper, Black, and Tulip cardstock; Basic Grey Urban Prairie 6x6-inch paper pad; Black ink pad; Tulip and Garden Green markers; Whipper Snapper Designs Posies for You and Blooming Expressions stamp sets; Kaiser Kraft pearl accents; Prismacolor colored pencils; Gamsol odorless mineral spirits; Blending stumps; Black My Legacy Writer.

According to the calendar, it's almost the middle of June already. Yikes! Speaking of time, I need to get off the computer and go do what I didn't do yesterday. I hope your day is a good one. Thanks for stopping by! Later...

8 comments:

Alanna said...

So pretty Kathi. You've really got a knack for making gorgeous cards. Enjoy your day today!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

I recognized the bucket right away! That's the one I spent half the day trying to re-create from the card you have us linked to below. I really love this card - you're right; the colors are beautiful!

Have a WONDERFUL day Kathi!

Sparkplug17 said...

What a sweet image. Your card is just lovely.

Gamma said...

I have to agree with Alanna, you DO have a knack for making some gorgeous cards. I love the patterned paper.
Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Leslie said...

another beautiful card. Where do you get your ideas?
If you check out my blog you will see several cards that look familiar to you, I'm sure. I needed some thank you cards and you make the best cards so I cased them.
I have an award for you over at my blog if you choose to accept it.

Jeanne said...

Wow, Kathi! I LOVE this! Do I sound like a broken record, yet? I so love visiting and seeing the beautiful creations you share. I also love hearing about your daily happenings and your words of wisdom.

That paper is so very pretty and sets off your image wonderfully.

Thank you for sharing!

Sarah said...

This is just gorgeous!
I too love the colors.
I have SO much to do here I have negelected my blog, crafting and visiting my fav blogs...family first though!

Carolyn said...

Too cute! Love that bucket! Yep, You're the lady that makes the beautiful cards and tells cute little stories about your life... Love them!! :)