Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Project

You've seen this card before. The initials were different. These are the initials of my soon-to-be daughter-in-law Miranda, and I didn't make one card but six with matching envelopes and a cute little desktop box in which to store them.

I was all ready to link you up to the template for the box only to find the post it on which it appeared has disappeared. My thoughts are the ownership of the template is in dispute. As of me, I'm innocent in that I have no idea of the template is "hot" or not. In the case that it is, I'll be more than happy to pay for it. I respect copyrights although I tend to think the template thing is a bit subjective. As with cards, I don't know that I've ever seen a box that no one has ever made before. Boxes such as this one have existed in the retail world for eons.

Back to my card, as this is a repeat, I'll link you to the Materials & Tools list.

I used textured Black cardstock to make the box and decorated it with a scrap of patterned paper and paper flower. In areas where the white core showed, I carefully went over the edges with my black marker. As I was making six cards, I kept telling myself that I should be making a set of eight. I'm glad I made six though, as eight embellished cards with envelopes would not have fit in the box. I pulled a couple of the cards out for the photograph.

So, that is my project for today. I've done a few other projects, too, in the way of laundry and some domestic chores - the not-so-fun stuff that's gotta be done. The boys and Cameron were here for most of the day, too. That was fun.

This evening, I need to get my clothes ready for work this week and get some stuff ready to put in the mail. Was your weekend a good one? I hope so. As always, thank you for stopping by. Your kind words are always appreciated. Take care.

10 comments:

Heather said...

Cute cards and box! I'm sure your soon to be daughter in law will love them!!! Have a great week!

Alanna said...

So gorgeous Kathi. Love that paper. Miranda is sure lucky. Sounds like you got some stuff done over the weekend. I hope your Monday is a great one.

Michelle said...

Hey Kathi! Great artwork! I am in the market for Just Rite Stamps. I was wondering if you had any favorites or pointers you could give me. I am wanting to make some monogram cards!

I look forward everyday coming home to see what your day has held for you.

Thanks for the great projects and artwork. You can email if you would like at stampindipity@gmail.com

Thanks, Michelle

Liane said...

Love the project. LOL about your comments on the box... so true! Hope Miranda loves them.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Kathi,
What a thoughtful gift! Miranda is very lucky to have you. I never tire of Silhouette papers - honestly!
Have a great Monday!

Deborah Young said...

Love that Silhouette! I also love how the cards and envelopes look in the box! Did you use one of our card templates? I'm going to search for that box - I love it!
p.s. We must be in the same mood. I was just musing about laundry and work on my blog!

Jeanne said...

Absolutely beautiful. That paper is just stunning.

Miranda is truly lucky to be entering into such a wonderful family with a truly beautiful mother-in-law.

Sounds like you have had a good, productive weekend. I hope this next week is a good one for you...not too busy, not too dull...just right!

Sarah said...

WOW I love this. These are one of may all time fav papers (aren't they all LOL). Seriously I really love this.
I know what you mean about the box thing...We could probably trace the template to ancient China where they first made paper.
Thanks for sharing your project.

Barb said...

So pretty, Kathi! Very classy. You know I LOVE that paper...can't go wrong with Silhouette. Great job!

Carolyn said...

They are gorgeous! I'm sure she will love them.