Friday, July 31, 2009

A Challenge Card

Here's my take on this week's Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #76. I love the sketch ... just about as much as I love the paper I used from Studio 45. After seeing some cards made with this line of paper and checking it out for myself, I went on a little spree. It had been a while ...

About the card, it is pretty straightforward in design. The patterned paper was from one sheet. I love two-sided paper, particularly when the patterns are different and coordinate so beautifully. Oh heck, I just love paper...

Materials & Tools: Colonial White and Olive cardstock; Studio 45 Botanicals Collection Secret Garden patterned paper; Olive and Bamboo ink pads; My Cute Stamps Ashley's Blossoms stamp set; Vineyard Berry grosgrain ribbon; Kaiser Kraft pearl accents; Martha Stewart Butterfly punch; Sponge dauber.

Happy Friday! How was your day? Mine was OK even though I thought the clock moved a little slow at work today. It hasn't been that way since I got home, however.

Our outing last night was so much fun. The movie was "Cheaper by the Dozen," which I had never seen. Marv took a chair, and Bjorn perched in Grandpa's lap, watching the entire film without making a sound. Mathias was a different story. He and I shared a blanket on the ground. When we weren't trekking up the hill to use the bathroom, we spent most of our time quietly discussing the stars, the moon, and why he couldn't go down the hill to the playground. Such a funny little character he is. We got home at 11:10, and I don't think it took the boys five minutes to go to sleep.

Do you have plans for the weekend? I'm going to put my domestic engineering cap on and get serious about cleaning house this weekend. I'll be taking my "breaks" in my corner, coming up for something for Simple Saturday, etc. Until my next post, take care, and like always, thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Oooo, Kathi, I love this card!

Thanks for your kind words about my car and the post yesterday. I'm fine - it's just a car after all! Yikes.

I saw that you received the circle of friend award from Laurel, but want you to know I count you in my circle, too. You're special!

I'm glad the rain held off . . .

Laurel said...

Beautiful!

Sarah said...

That paper IS gorgeous Kathi! So is your card.
I loved that movie, sounds like you had a fun evening!
We will be busy with a party for Amy tomorrow...I am hoping it stays warm enough for outside water fun on the 1st of August in Iowa LOL

Alanna said...

This is so gorgeous Kathi. I see why you needed the shopping spree. :)

And what a fun night it sounds like you all had. More precious memories being made.

Gwen said...

This card is stunning!!! the ribbon & pearl are the perfect finishing touches! BTW....what is simple Saturday??
Have fun cleaning!! ;)

Jeanne said...

Amazingly beautiful card, Kathi! Wow...those papers are definitely worth a shopping spree. Love it!

It sounds like you had a memory maker evening (although I think it could be said that you still haven't seen the movie...hee, hee) Thanks for sharing!

Good luck with your domestic duties. Hope you make some great progress and reward yourself well with more artistic goodness!

Carolyn said...

Totally Gorgeous! I love the paper, very pretty. Glad you had a great time! Enjoy your weekend!

Maricar said...

Kathi,
Hmm ... I really like this card. I'm not sure if I like the circle element, or the colors, or the butterfly ... but I think I might need to copy this one!

Everytime you post about sweet grandma times, my heart smiles. I hope when I have grandkids (which better not be for awhile) that I am able to have similarly special moments.

Anonymous said...

That movie is such a fun one to watch! I jumped onto a trapeze yesterday at Big Bear Lake, so I had some adventures this weekend already!

Your card is beautiful!

Carolyn Mustopa said...

Beautiful card!

Sparkplug17 said...

What a gorgeous card!