Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Needle on My Mojo Meter ...

... is hovering around three these days. It's like I park my butt in my corner, and I don't even know what to do.

We're making this card at stamp club tonight. While very simple, it has a couple of elements I like - the patterned paper base and texture created by the Cuttlebugged (new word) paper and cutout cake attached to the card with foam tape.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy and Tulip cardstock; Creative Basics Animal Cookies Collection; Dutch Blue, Tulip, Sunflower, and Clover Meadow ink pads; It's Your Day August Stamp of the Month stamp set; Cuttlebug w/Number Collage embossing folder; 3M foam mounting tape.

It's Friday already tomorrow. Another week has flown by. It's been an interesting one, too, with some extended family news that wasn't/isn't so great and some things happening on the work front that leave me contemplative as well. The best part of the week, by far, was spending time with the little ones last night. Such a pair they are. Mathias beat me handily at every game we played, and Bjorn and I argued about his wearing a suit to Uncle Dusty's wedding. While I don't think he even knows what a suit is, he claims he's not wearing one. We'll see. I think Grandma will win that debate.

With nothing more to say, I better get going here. I hope your week is going along splendidly. I'll catch you again tomorrow! Later ...

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Cuttlebugged LOL LOVE that word. Sorry the mojo meter is hovering at 3...what does it max out at?
Love the card! That cake is SUCH a winner. I think Grandma will win the suit debate too~!

Sylvia said...

Love the card. I need to make some birthday cards tomorrow. Might just copy it.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Kathi, I love your card - I like the word "cuttlebugged" too - it's one of those that we paper-crafters will bring into the dictionary one day!

I'm thankful that you have the boys - they bring you so much joy!

Hugs!

Carolyn said...

Cute card! Have a great weekend!

Laurel said...

Bright, happy colors, perfect!

Tiff said...

I love this card! I think it's soooo cool!

Jeanne said...

Love this card and your word, Cuttlebugged! The card is bright, festive and happy and sure to bring a smile to any recipient's face. Great job.

Hope things settle down so your mojo meter can go up!