Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Scrapcrafting

Here's a quick card made with scraps that were laying on my desk. It was inspired by this card on the kwernerdesign blog. While I have to say I like Kristina's card better than mine, it was a good way to get rid of some scraps, is kinda cute, and, only after I photographed it did I realize I hadn't used a single stamp to make it. With no sentiment, either I'll add one to the inside or outside later, or I'll leave it and use it as a notecard.

Materials & Tools: Stampin' Up Kraft cardstock; CTMH Petal and Sweet Leaf cardstock; DCWV The Green Stack; Hero Arts and CTMH paper flowers; Hero Arts pearl accents; Sweet Leaf Designer Ribbon Rounds; Button from my stash; Purple embroidery floss.

I made this card and started this post last night. And then... I crashed. Tonight, Bjorn and Mathias are staying with us, so I'm off to play games and read books until bedtime. How's your week going? I hope all is well. As always, thanks for stopping by! I'll talk to you again soon.


10 comments:

Leslie said...

ahhhhh, some of my favorite colors. It makes a great note card or in a pinch add a sentiment and there you go. :-)
What do you do with all your cards? Are you selling them, donating them or keeping them to use sometime? Was it Cibele who had the great My Acrylix Organizer decorated to hold her cards? Did you see them? They were really nice. I tried to make one, just not sure I am finished so I haven't posted it yet.
Have fun with the little guys.

Anne said...

Glad to hear that you are able to get a little bit of a break before you get back to working on all the wedding stuff! At least you have the invites done :-) Enjoy your evening with your grandkids!

Laurel said...

Very pretty Kathi!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Note cards are good! You can always add a sentiment if you really have to! The card is great - I love the design papers!

Enjoy the boys!

Sheila Bennett said...

Very nice card - I always like the simple. :) And I really like the touch of rounding just the top outside corner. Gives it a nice, almost whimsical touch.

Anonymous said...

I love scrap cards!!!! Yours is no exception! It's soooo pretty!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a pretty card!

Carolyn said...

Very pretty! Love the colors!

Sarah said...

I LOVE your card! and of course Kristina's blog and cards....many of my cards are inspired by her's.
Sorry you crashed...hope you have fyn with the kiddo's.

Jeanne said...

Egads! I've been neglecting one of my very favorite blogs...but not on purpose, I promise! Just haven't had as much time to be on the computer as I'd like. And look at what I've missed out on. Shame on me!

What a lovely card! Beautiful colors and a pleasing design. Great job, my friend!!