Saturday, August 22, 2009

Personal Pep Talk

I pretty much made this card for me, which is good, because I'm not certain I'm lovin' the way it turned out. I believe I took something that was looking a bit masculine and tried unsuccessfully to make it more feminine. No matter, the card is OK, and it's the message that counts - one I needed to remind myself of.

The sketch is a fun one - this week's A Sketch for You to Try on the i{heart}2stamp blog. There isn't too much to say about my card that you can't see for yourself. I stamped the verse twice in Olive and Petal, cut out the "Give Thanks" and used foam mounting tape to attach it over its green counterpart. My bejeweled brads are homemade, and while I could have used self-stick Sparkles, I opted for a few of the little Acrylic Gems I talked about in this post and attached them with Liquid Glass.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy and Olive cardstock; DCWV Latte Matstack; Olive and Petal ink pads; Verve Stamps Plain Janes Pray... stamp; Acrylic Gems from Wal-Mart; Chocolate and White Bigger Brads; CTMH and Hero Arts paper flowers; Stampin' Up Word Window punch; Liquid Glass; 3M foam mounting tape.

I've accomplished quite a bit today, all while giving myself a little pep talk and calling on my faith to help clear some of the cobwebs in my head. Things happen for a reason, and I like to think they serve to make us better. And faith tells me what I cannot understand now will be made clear to me someday.

Enough heavy stuff. My two favorite little people will be here in about an hour. Our plan is to go to the Dairy Queen for supper (and ice cream!) and then hit the park for a little outdoor fun. Then, I think Grandpa is going to go to the birthday party, and I'm going to stay home with the kids. We talked it over. It's a 40-mile trek to the party. It doesn't start until 8. The gathering place is a bar/supper club. I can handle "bedtime battle" on my own, as Mathias is the only "warrior" when it comes to going to bed. His brother (once the ultimate bedtime warrior) now knows when he's tired and even asks to go to bed sometimes, which makes him smarter than his grandmother. LOL. And, when the little darlin's are asleep, I might just sneak back into my corner for a little more stamp therapy. I hope you are having a wonderful day, too. Later ...

9 comments:

Deborah Young said...

What a smart little fella, indeed! I tend to fight sleep, as it generally means that I will have to work when I wake up. tee hee. Love your cards. Love that latte paper stack. Love that little chicken in your last post! Love you!

Carolyn said...

Beautiful card! I love that scripture, also Hebrews 11;1 Have a gr8 night with your little people. :)
Thank You!

Sarah said...

This is a wonderful message Kathi!! And it is one I have been telling myself over and over lately. We all need prayer..and faith!
The card is very pretty Kathi and I think it is cool that you made it for you!
Have fun with the little blessings disguised as kiddo's!

Sylvia said...

The scripture is one of my favorite. I like your card.

Leslie said...

just stopping by to say hi, you have encouraged me so much. Your card has a great message for all of us. Sometimes life takes so much of our energy and prayer is the only way to see things through to the end or the beginning of something new.

Jeanne said...

Thank you for sharing this. It's a beautiful card, with a perfect sentiment. I hope it gives you peace and comfort. Good for you on keeping the boys home with you. I could just imagine the bedtime battle you would have had, had you attempted that little excursion!

Hugs once again, my friend!

And now, I am caught up, whew!

Laurel said...

It is a beautiful card and message!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Kathi,

Your card is beautiful, I love the trick about the bling on the brads. We all need to keep focused on Giving Thanks - the plan is not always clear to us, but that's why we have faith.

Thank you for your kind words on my blog today. I do appreciate your sweet support!

I was always one to go to bed when tired - (did that last night, in fact, at 5 PM and was up bright-eyed and bushy tailed at 2:30!). Smart boy.

Hugs.

Anonymous said...

I love your card Kathi! BIG HUGS!