Friday, September 11, 2009

Hi!

Hello, and Happy Friday! I hope this post finds all of my cyber friends happy, healthy, and looking forward to the weekend. For me, one day is blending into the next as our family prepares for the joyous event, Dustin and Miranda's wedding, which will take place one week from tomorrow. My list of 1,001 little details to take care of has been whittled down to 801 or so. LOL. It will be OK. I have the weekend to myself. Dustin's bachelor party is this weekend at a fishing resort, and thus, the groom-to-be and his dad are 100 miles away until late Sunday afternoon. Yea!

About my card, as soon as I saw it, I had to have this Pure Innocence image from Digital Stamp Characters. Aptly named, the image is sweet and simple - like a child's drawing.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Orange, and Olive cardstock; DCWV Indian Summer Fall Matstack; Black ink pad; Orange marker; Digital Stamp Characters Pure Innocence 012 image; Impression Obsession Anytime Sentiments stamp set; Antique Copper mini brads; Prismacolor colored pencils; Gamsol odorless mineral spirits; Blending stumps; Fiskars Apron Lace border punch; Black My Legacy Writer.

It has been a very long time since I went three days without posting, and, unlike my last post, I'm not very chatty tonight. I think I'm tired. However, my "to do" list for tomorrow includes a Simple Saturday post, and most likely, I'll have somethin' to say. 'Til then, take care and thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Leslie said...

What a sweet little card. The digi is cute. Great job with the coloring. Enjoy your weekend. Get plenty of rest while you can until after the big day.

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just darling!

Carolyn said...

Hi to you too! :) Cute card and i love the image, a simple sweet little girl. Love her dress too!
Hope you get your to do list done. The day will go by so fast, so if you miss something, noone will notice. Just get them to the church on time. :) How fun, I love weddings, :)

Laurel said...

Cute card, LOVE the dress!

Jeanne said...

Hi Kathi! Been thinking of you and missing your posts, but know that you are so busy with the preparations for the wedding. Good to see you though and with an adorable card. I can see why it appeals to you.

I checked out the shop and there are some great images there! Only, I just can't seem to get into the mouse images....I wonder why? LOL

Have a great weekend, my friend!

Sarah said...

She is a cutie Kathi! I bet you are tired.
Did you paper piece that digi image?...how did you do that? did you put cardstock AND paper through your printer?

Alanna said...

Cute card and image. I can see why you needed it. Good luck getting your list whittled down some more.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Oh Kathi, What a pretty card! I love the paper pieced dress!
I've missed you - but I'm home and will devour all of your posts! I know you're busy with the wedding plans - - - so I'll be patient. I have a lot of catching up to do!

Anonymous said...

Oh my!!!! This is soooo sweet! I love it!